12 Products That Will Make Fall Cleaning and Organizing Feel Like a Piece of Cake
Ahh, it’s that time of the year yet again that we decided to do some deep cleaning and realize things were worse than we expected. But there is no need to panic since every problem has a solution. And we gathered 12 cleaning and organization products to make your life so much more convenient.
1. A dishwasher cleaner that magically removes hard stains, grease, and limescale. It removes unpleasant and annoying odors and leaves a fresher smell behind. It also helps prevent spots and dries from appearing on your dishes.
It is recommended to use this once a month or even sooner if you start noticing limescale. You just remove the sticker, place the bottle upside down and run in an empty dishwasher in the hottest setting. The minimum temperature should be at 125oF.
- I’m in a rental and the dishwasher was very old and dirty. I took it apart and scrubbed every inch but there was still a bad smell, especially when it first started a clean cycle. Finally discovered this product and ran it in an empty load on pots and pans and high heat cycle. When it finished, it smelled so fresh and there was a fizzing sound.
So, I let the dishwasher sit empty for several hours until it stopped fizzing. Then I ran another empty load to rinse. What unbelievable results!! Dishes are so much cleaner, everything smells great, like a brand new dishwasher!! Would absolutely recommend!! @rwh
2. Magnetic spice jars you can easily place on the side of your fridge. They are perfect for small kitchens and the package also comes with spice labels. The metal lids will stick on your fridge nicely and the strong magnets will make sure that they won’t slide.
The set includes 216 washable spice label stickers that can be placed on the lids or the glass bottoms. You can choose the number and size of the jars. You can also choose to buy the jars pre-filled with a variety of spices.
- I love these! They’re super cute! One thing I noticed that it worth noting for your purchase is that on “older” fridges with a dimpled texture they sometimes slip a little and occasionally fall when the fridge closed. We replaced our fridge anyways with a smooth surfaced one and have had no problems at all!
I know they also sell a metal plate you can hang on the wall, so if the dimple fridge isn’t working, that plate would be a great option! I do plan to buy another set because they look adorable and keep them up and out of the way. They definitely keep the spices dry and fresh which is great! @Disgruntled Pelican
3. A soap dispensing dish brush, which you can fill with soap and make washing dishes much simpler. You just push the button and the brush releases soap. The scraper of the brush will scrub off hard stains and then make your dishes shine.
The bristles of the brush are made of nylon, which makes them very durable. They are perfectly safe to use on non-stick cookware. The brush is very easy to refill and the non-slip handle will make it extra easy to wash the dishes.
- This is SO wonderful! It puts out just the right amount of soap. The brush is sturdy. In addition to some dishes that I don’t put through the dishwasher, this is also wonderful for cleaning off the sink mat — both sides! The only problem I have ... I forget to use it!
My son has one similar (not as nice!) and he mentioned it would be nice to have a smaller size, also, for cleaning inside of drinking glasses. I agree. This size is really good for cleaning off cookie sheets, big bowls that don’t go in dishwasher, and so many other things. I am so glad I ordered it! @Valerie E
4. Eraser sponges that can be used on any surface and deliver deep cleaning. They are large and will last you for a while. The sponges include a cleaning powder that gets activated the moment you add water. This means that you don’t need to keep using any strong chemicals.
These sponges cut through grease, soap scum and “permanent” marks. You can successfully use them in your kitchen, bathroom, walls, doors, floors, shower, car, toilet, sink, and more. Simply wet with water, squeeze and wipe, letting the eraser do the work.
- These Melemine eracers are SO MUCH BETTER than any other that I’ve tried. So much more durable! So much thicker! Often I end up cutting them in half and they still last so long! If I want a little extra clean I What them and rub them on a regular bar of white soap. Just a little bit and it cleans amazingly well. Great for cleaning sneakers. Especially the white sole.
When I want a little more clean I will wet and rub on a bar of LAVA soap. Some people like to add dish soap but I find that it’s too sudsy and I feel like I have to clean up AFTER cleaning up. Then there are times when I want to clean off electronic things like wires, the metal parts of plugs. I UNPLUG FIRST from ELECTRICITY then I use rubbing alcohol instead of water to get them wet and it works just as well and I don’t have to worry about rusting anything and it dries really quickly!
I don’t use them for TV, computer, tablet or phone screens. I found that with alcohol it almost makes them too clean if that makes sense. @RAJ
5. A roll-up dish drying rack that better optimizes your kitchen space. It is very solid and sturdy and will not rust even after years of use. It also features anti-slippery rubber grips at the sides so it can stay in place on your stainless steel sink.
This isn’t only good for drying dishes, but also for letting fruit and vegetable dry and for creating extra counter space. It is highly advised to first measure your sink before ordering this item to make sure it will fit your area nicely. It can resist up to 450oF.
- Purchased this for over my bathroom vanity sink because I couldn’t put my flat iron or curling wand on a previously purchased one. This is metal so will take anything. Smaller make up items will fall through but I just lay a towel over it and it works like a charm. Rolls up for easy storage. I recommended this product and also have one for my kitchen. @DGHR
6. Shoe space saving slots that come in a pack of 10 and don’t even need assembly. They make storing your shoes a much easier experience and help you fit many more pairs in your wardrobe. You can fit sneakers, golf shoes and even stilettos on these slots.
Keep in mind that these slots are not adjustable and work great for smaller size shoes. For example, if your shoe number is 9 or bigger, your shoes might not fit perfectly in the slots. They can be used on closet shelves, in cabinets, on shoe racks and even on the floor.
- After an extreme cleaning of my closet and getting rid of 20 pairs of shoes, I bought 40 of these shoe slotz to organize my shoe collection and create some space in my closet. The shoe slotz worked great for my flats, my tennis shoes and my low and mid heels. My higher heels didn’t work, but that was because my shelves weren’t tall enough.
My only complaint is that the little tab that you insert on the shoe slotz to hold the shoe in place comes out easily- see my video for clarity. Truthfully, you probably only need these on higher heeled shoes that may slide off without the tab. @Candygirl
7. Coffee machine cleaning pods that remove stains and dirt while being eco-friendly and non-toxic. They remove all the residue that puts your coffee machine in danger, while increasing its lifespan. You just use a pod and brew a large cycle with it without any coffee, but just water.
Every package includes 6 of these pods and depending on how often you use your coffee machine, they will offer their cleaning purposes for more than 3 months. You don’t need to add any soap or detergent, since these pods can be effective on their own.
- So I finally decided to clean the Keurig that’s only used about 8 months out of the year and usually for only 1 cup a day. Figuring it wouldn’t be too bad. To catch the water I used the only cup that would catch all the water on the largest setting, ie the thermos. Started pouring out the water that came out of the Keurig and noticed some shiny inside the thermos.
Realizing the water had some fizz it was cleaning the thermos too! So I poured out over half after a few swirls, then ran the cycle again without the Kcup and the water filled up the thermos. I left it sit for a few minutes, got the bottle brush out and cleaned the top lip and now it’s all shiny. Both the Keurig and the coffee thermos. Double win! @Christine
8. A space saving drying rack that will prove lifesaving for parents that have a lot of bottles to wash daily. The rack is quite small and can fit in all counters and it features 9 hooks for drying bottles and sippy cups. The bottom tray is removable so that you can get rid of the excess water easily.
The product is made of plastic, comes in white and grey color combo and weighs only 0.97 pounds. It can easily be fitted under the cabinets. It’s not only the bottom part that is removable but also the top.
- I have always had a good experience with any OXO product and this one continues the trend. I have 3 kids and this makes storage of their bottles much more efficient and less congested on our kitchen counter. Its sleek design allows you to put bottles, parts, etc. and it doesn’t take up any room at all on the countertop. My newborn is 2 months and my middle is almost 2 years old.
So, I decided to buy two of these just so we can have an ample amount of room for our bottles, parts, and other toddler/baby stuff we need to store and use. Yes, you need to clean it at least once a week just so the water stains don’t stay on. I usually just clean it with warm water and dry it off with a paper towel and that has done the trick. I highly recommend this product to everyone! @Amazon Customer
9. A label maker machine that will help you organize your spaces better. It is portable and can be carried even in your pocket. You just connect it to your device and print your labels wirelessly. All you need to do is download the free app.
The app includes more than 60+ fonts, 12+ languages, and 400+ borders. It also provides a variety of free templates, containing texts, tables, symbols, logos, barcodes, QR codes and even images. There is no ink involved in this printer, since it is rechargeable.
- Took under five minutes to figure out printing my first label. Fast Bluetooth connection and print time. There are a variety of options to print front fonts and sizes to pictures.
The downsides are that real life pictures don’t appear well or detailed enough to look appealing on a label. I also find the app confusing with customization settings, but it’s very easy to use with typing out what you want printed. @Michael
10. Vacuum storage bags that can store coats, blankets, bedding and comforters and save up a lot of your space. The package includes 3 jumbo bags that can fit even your biggest items and save up to 80% of the original space they took.
The unique double-zip seal and the triple-seal turbo valve are designed to get every ounce of air out of the bag in the suction process and nothing gets back in. These bags are heavy duty, durable, puncture resistant, and reusable. A free hand pump comes with the package, but you can also use your vacuum.
- I ordered two packages, 1 with 6 jumbo bags and 1 with 1 small, 1 medium, 1 large and 1 jumbo. I am so happy and exited with this purchase, first because the bags looks of very good quality, easy to use and second, I live in a townhouse and by using the bags I saved a lot of space putting away all my comforters, blankets, bed sheets, winter jackets, scarves, and gloves.
Only a little issue was that after three days of packaging the staff, two of the jumbo bags were full of air again. Maybe they were damaged. The bags came with an air pump but they didn’t work for me, I used the vacuum and it worked perfectly, so easy and very fast! @Amazon Customer
11. A fireplace cleaner and a brush that can make any brick, stone, rock, tile, and marble surface shine. This gel is heavy, but non-abrasive and easily removes soot, ash and all the dirt inside and outside a fireplace. No harsh chemicals are included and the product is planet-conscious.
To use this gel, just wet the scrub brush and use it to apply the product. To rinse, spray the surface with water and wipe it with a terry-cloth rag or a microfiber cloth. You don’t need to wear a mask or gloves while using it as it is gentle enough and won’t cause any harm.
- Wasn’t sure how this would work. We moved into a house and the fireplace had smoke damage on the bricks. It worked like a charm! I did have to leave it on for 10-15 minutes like the instructions said, for hard to clean areas. It got all of the bricks clean again! Now to do the inside of the fireplace. @N Shaughnessy Brown
12. Toilet bowl cleaner strips that remove hard stains and unpleasant odors. The package comes with 36 strips and they can be used daily if needed. They don’t include any harsh chemicals and are non-corrosive. You can use them anywhere, from your home to the RV.
It’s time you stopped using pods, tablets, tabs and drops while scrubbing too much to get all the dirt off. With these strips, you place them in the toilet bowl, flush then and let them dissolve. You just need to use the brush on the sides to get the toilet perfectly clean.
- The natural toilet bowl clean strips work great for cleaning my filthy toilet. I purposely let my toilet bowl get grimy to test these cleaner strips. The aroma is a mild pleasant wildflower potpourri type. Each sheet is about 4.38 inches by 2.63 inches and I found a half sheet was good enough for my needs. A strip is easily cut in half with scissors.
The sheets dissolve within seconds and once you start swishing the toilet bowl a bountiful amount of suds start to appear. It’s the first time I’ve used something that makes suds in my toilet and I was excited. Wow! Soap suds! Overall, I’m very happy with the cleaning results and it’s going to replace me putting bleach down my toilet bowl. @ColorfulSimpleLife
We all go through these periods when we just want to scrub everything clean around the house. But it can prove quite challenging when you don’t have the right tools. But you can have all the right tools and products if you know where to search for them.
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post. Reviews may have been edited for length and clarity.