14 Unexpected Moments From Our Favorite Movies That We Didn’t Notice at All
Attentive viewers continue to find hidden details in movies that have somehow remained unnoticed. For example, have you ever paid attention to what color range the movie “Home Alone” has? Or did you know that the Friends TV series and Spider-Man movie are connected?
Bright Side continues to be surprised by the imaginations of movie-makers and the attentiveness of movie-lovers. We bet that after reading this article you’ll want to watch some of these movies again.
- There is one interesting detail in the Home Alone movie that was spotted by journalist Claire Reilly. The McCallister’s home has been excessively decorated for Christmas. And it’s not just with Christmas trees, toys, and tinsel, but even in the interior design. Red and green dominate the home, even down to the countertops and cabinets in the kitchen.
Walls, flower pots, furniture, the home phone, and even the clothes of the characters are in these 2 colors. It seems that the creators of the movie decided to make it as festive and as Christmassy as possible. We bet you never noticed this detail before.
- There is one more interesting detail in the movie. Do you remember when the McCallisters got on the plane and Kevin’s mother started to feel worried that they had forgotten something? At that moment Mr. McCallister decided to calm his spouse down and agreed with her right away saying he had forgotten to close the garage. Later we see that he really did forget to do it.
- Do you remember when, in the Friends TV series, Monica had to work in a restaurant where she was supposed to wear fake breasts and a wig? Funny enough, Mary Jane in the Spider-Man movie also worked at the same place.
- In the last part of Harry Potter, we can see a tattoo on Lucius Malfoy’s neck. It’s the number he got while being imprisoned in Azkaban.
- In the Reservoir Dogs movie, Steve Buscemi’s hero doesn’t leave tips for waiters. In the Pulp Fiction movie, the actor plays a waiter who serves Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega. Both movies were directed by Quentin Tarantino. That’s the karma that exists in his movie universe!
- In one of the episodes of the second part of Hotel Transylvania, a wedding photo appears of Mavis and Jonathan. However, there is only Mavis’s silhouette in it, because she is a vampire.
- In the Back to the Future Part II movie, the cinema poster shows the name of the director of Jaws 19, which is Max Spielberg. That’s Steven Spielberg’s son’s name, who was born the same year as the movie was released. He didn’t become a director though.
- When Marty came to the audition, he performed the song “Power of Love” by Huey Lewis and the News. The man who turned Marty down and called the song too loud was played by the front man of the band — Huey Lewis.
- The creators of the La La Land movie had to work hard to make the opening scene — a big highway had to be blocked, and a huge team of dancers and understudies were gathered. If you look closer, you can see that the roofs and other details of some cars got bent due to numerous rehearsals and shots.
- In the Black Panther movie, the silhouette of one of the sides of the ship is very similar to the mask worn by the main character.
- The final scene of Murder on the Orient Express is a reference to Leonardo da Vinci’s painting, The Last Supper. By the way, the hero, Michelle Pfeiffer, is sitting in Christ’s place and she is the reason why all the other characters appeared there too.
- While performing his role in The Godfather, actor Marlon Brando refused to learn his lines. That was because he wanted to be as cold as possible while saying his lines in order to portray his character realistically. The creators of The Godfather found a way around his refusal by placing pieces of paper with his lines on them all around the set, even taping them on the other actors. Brando got an Oscar for his work.
- For the role of Noah in The Notebook, the director wasn’t searching for a sex-symbol. As he himself said, he didn’t need someone “handsome and cool, but was just looking for an ordinary guy.” Young Ryan Gosling got the role. But can we really say that Gosling isn’t a cool and handsome guy after watching the movie?
What other interesting details can you tell us about from your favorite movies? Please share your observations in the comments!