15 Animal Facts That Made Us Go, Awww!
Recent research shows that animals may experience emotions and empathy in similar ways as humans in different contexts. There are a lot of interesting facts about animals that resemble human behavior that most of us are unaware of.
We at Bright Side collected some interesting and heartwarming facts about animals that will make you love them even more.
1. Sea otters hold hands while they are asleep to prevent drifting apart while floating.
2. Squirrels plant thousands of trees every year because they forget the exact place they buried their acorns.
3. Not only do dolphins have their own language, but they also have names for each one of their friends when they are calling out to them.
4. Puffins mate for life — once they find their partner, they build their home on a cliff and stay there for the rest of their lives.
5. Oysters can change their gender — they can make that decision depending on which one is considered best for mating.
6. Seahorses mate forever. Once they are partners, they always hold onto each other’s tails.
7. Male puppies will sometimes let female puppies “win” when they play together in order to get to know them better.
8. Cows make best friends with other cows, and when they’re apart, they experience really bad anxiety.
9. Little chickens have the ability to communicate with each other while they are still in the egg through a system of sounds.
10. Red pandas have very naturally bushy tails that they use as a blanket during the winter in order to keep warm while sleeping.
11. Polar bears greet each other by using the “nose-to-nose” method when they want to ask the other bear for a favor, like when they need some food.
12. Baby elephants suck on their trunk for comfort just like humans do with their thumbs when they’re babies.
13. After a koala baby grows up and gets bigger than the mom’s pouch, the mom will carry her baby on her back.
14. Cats rarely headbutt others, but when they do, it’s to show them that they trust them.
15. Squirrels adopt and take care of other baby squirrels if they’re orphans.
Did you know about any of these facts? Which one surprised you the most? Please let us know in the comments below.