25+ Times the Japanese Were Light Years Ahead of the Game
Most of us think of Japan as a majestic place like it is in anime movies complete with beautiful cherry blossoms. However, actually visiting Japan reminds us how advanced they are in technology and how respectful the community is — so much so, that it puts the western world to shame.
1. Robots that serve food and drinks
2. Elevators indicating the weather outside
3. Food in Japanese hospitals
4. The bullet train in Japan that feels as if it’s standing still
5. Japanese people make the country even more beautiful by painting the streets’ manholes.
6. A toilet that lets you wash your hands and use the water to flush
7. Japanese fans stay behind after a FIFA match to help with the clean-up.
8. The Japanese gum containers that offer paper pieces for wrapping your used gum in
9. Everyone follows the rules and respects each other.
10. Taking responsibility
The note in Japanese translates to: “I accidentally knocked over your bike and broke the bell. I am very sorry.”
11. Trying to save someone’s life by tilting the train and helping the man escape
12. Public toilet sound system
Some toilets in Japan have a button that plays white noise or water sounds so that people can feel comfortable going to the bathroom without other people hearing them.