Parents Are Warned About Deadly Item They Should Never Put on Their Babies Before Sleep

7 months ago

Putting a baby to bed may seem quite an emotional process for many parents. But there’s another side of this procedure: parents must think twice before choosing what their kids will wear to bed. Specialists warn people about the tiny details they may miss while putting their children to sleep, and many parents are grateful for the warning.

Parents are being warned about a mistake that could bring fatal consequences.

Specialists warn parents not to make a crucial mistake when putting their children to bed as it might potentially be fatal.

If a baby is wearing a hoodie, bonnet or beanie when a parent puts them to sleep, then it could have fatal side effects, according to CPR Kids.

Specialists explain, “Keeping your baby’s head and face uncovered during sleep reduces the risk of sudden and unexpected death, including sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).”

SIDS, also known as “cot death,” happens when an absolutely healthy baby dies for an unexplained reason. But thankfully, this happens rarely, and SIDS affects nearly 200 babies in the UK each year, the NHS representatives say.

Some additional recommendations could be a lifesaver.

The most significant SIDS risk occurs during the first 6 months of a newborn’s life and is the highest when babies sleep. Apart from avoiding hats, hoodies, and bonnets, parents are advised to follow some other recommendations.

Parents should always put babies on their backs when they go to sleep. The Lullaby Trust advises that parents must keep adult bedding away from the kid if parents co-sleep. It is also related to any items that could cover the baby’s head or cause overheating.

The NHS advises that baby’s feet must touch the end of their basket or pram, and their blanket should be tucked in no higher than their shoulders.

Parents are also advised to sleep in the same room with their newborn to reduce the risk of SIDS. However, parents should not sleep with their kids on a sofa or armchair and ensure the baby does not get too hot or cold.

And here’s yet another piece of advice from specialists on why you should not give marshmallows to smaller kids.


Get notifications
Lucky you! This thread is empty,
which means you've got dibs on the first comment.
Go for it!

Related Reads