Reddit Users Shared Foolish Questions That Made Their Brain Freeze (We Bet They Can Daze You Too)
We used to believe that children were the only source of unusual, out-of-the-box questions. But it turns out that some adults can compete with them in this art. A Reddit user once asked, “What’s the weirdest thing someone has asked you 100% seriously?” And he got tons of replies with real-life examples.
- My boss once asked me to make the pages of the document smaller. She actually had them zoomed in to 200% and thought that the font was 46. luffykittenears / Reddit
- A conversation with my husband:
— Honey, I’m at the store, but they have only pots for corn.
— What do you mean?
— Well, there’s corn boiling in the pot shown on the box, but I don’t see any with the pictures of pasta.
— Don’t come home. Silent-G / Reddit
- It was my first day working a tech support job. I answered a phone call from a woman whose laptop wouldn’t turn on. She was at the airport trying to get some work done and was very frustrated because she had been working for several hours and the laptop suddenly shut off. I asked her if she had the laptop plugged in when it shut off, or if she was just running it on the battery. “It can be plugged in? I thought it was supposed to be wireless.” DextrosKnight / Reddit
- The insurance company asked if there was a chance that my dad’s amputated leg would grow back. Whatendings / Reddit
- Because I’m a dwarf, I get a lot of hilarious questions, but one of my favorites was: “Do you need to get a smaller engine for your car?” I really wish I could have seen the internal process that led you to that question, lady. Unknown author / Reddit
- In high school, we were warming up before a baseball game. It was in the evening and some really ominous, dark clouds started rolling in. One of my teammates, very seriously, asked, “Is that a storm or is that just night coming?” I will never forget that. leezus34 / Reddit
- I have an identical twin brother, and one time, a girl asked me if we get each other confused. captaingelsino / Reddit
- I work at an IT help desk. A girl once asked me, “Do you guys have any of those wireless internet cables?” A blank stare ensued while I waited for her to understand the request. Then I said it’s already plugged in. kotobaaa / Reddit
- I’m a postpartum nurse. Once, a patient asked me after she gave birth, “When will the doctor be here to pierce my nipples, so I can breastfeed?” MaleficentWatercress / Reddit
- A safari guide in South Africa said that he once heard a woman ask her husband, “Honey, is that the same moon we see in Texas?” p***e_12 / Reddit
- I’ve been working at an Apple store for about 7 years. And I particularly remember the customer who asked me if her iPod would get heavier as she put more music on it. FizzyBeverage / Reddit
Have you ever been asked foolish questions like these? Share your stories with us in the comments!