20+ Cool Inventions That’ll Spice Up and Ease Your Life
Everyday things can sometimes be improved with just a little add-on that can turn an ordinary thing into something really cool, useful, or possibly even adorable. Designers possess this superpower — they can turn a typical bench into one on rails, sheltering you from the sun. Other times, they go all in and transform a corporate building into a library — all we can say is we appreciate designers and their really smart, innovative ideas.
We at Bright Side love when designers use their ingenuity to everyone’s advantage and we found some examples that we hope you’ll love. Make sure to check our bonus section out for a little surprise that will warm your heart — literally!
1. “They put rails under the benches in this park so you can always be in the shade.”
2. “My hotel phone in Iceland has a special button that will wake you up if there are Northern Lights in the sky.”
3. A futuristic-looking building with a bookshelf
4. This suitcase can measure its own weight.
5. “This shopping cart has a magnifying glass attached to it.”
6. Band-Aids for different skin tones
7. Scratch-off pill bottles — so you’ll never forget to take your vitamins.
8. Adorable milk carton packaging designed by Vera Zvereva
9. “This sorbet uses fruit rinds for cups.”
10. The donut rug
11. “My piano from 1885 has a hidden pop-out candle holder.”
12. “These glasses are designed so you can carry several at the same time.”
13. “This table has been designed so it leaves heart-shaped imprints on your carpet.”
14. “My protein powder scoop is designed to sit on a lip just under the lid... so you don’t have to reach into the powder to grab it.”
15. These socks are labeled so you can put them on right.
16. This parrot-shaped bottle opener
17. “My new sandal has a built-in bottle opener.”
18. We are sold on this chewing gum packaging!
19. “This spray bottle with a label showing different concentration ratios”
20. This doormat welcomes all your visitors the right way.
21. “These streetlights are stylized as a couple on the bench.”
22. Mustache mug by Alex Mrachkovskiy
The mustache mug design is one that is modern and classic at the same time. It can start a conversation while you’re sipping your morning coffee and plus — it makes for a great selfie prop. You can see more of Alex’s stuff on Instagram and you can take a look at his Etsy shop.
Bonus: The perfect dress for our work-from-home days
Latvian-born designer, based in Amsterdam, Santa Kupča created this design as part of her graduation project titled Dolce far Niente. The Dolce far Niente dress seems to be the perfect dress to wear when we have Zoom conferences with our colleagues, when we are FaceTiming with our besties, or simply for all of us that are working from home every day. The snaps of the dress were taken by the talented photographer Lucas de Ruiter.
Which one of these products made you go “I didn’t even know I wanted that!”? Which design do you think is the most creative?