15 Gardens That Gave People’s Homes a Splash of Color and Charm
It’s been shown by research that gardening can have a positive effect on our mental and physical health. But plants and green spaces are also a great way to revamp your home, especially if you own a backyard, a front lawn, or even a nice balcony. People on Reddit know this firsthand and are often eager to display the results of their time and patience.
Bright Side rounded up several before-and-after photos that perfectly showcase what some beautiful nature can do for your home’s aesthetic.
1. “This was just a pile of dirt when we moved here 2 years ago.”
2. “My little cactus patch has turned out alright.”
3. “What a difference one year makes!”
4. “I powerwashed then painted the existing floor. The plants include camelias, golden cane palms, azelias, etc.”
5. “A year ago vs this morning”
6. “A 2-year update on my super tiny walled garden. It’s my favorite ‘room’ in the apartment. I feel so lucky.”
7. “I went for an English cottage garden, so I pretty much just crammed plants into any spare inch I could find.”
8. “It was a busy spring working in the backyard.”
9. “4 years of hard work later”
10. “About 10 months ago, I became a homeowner and quickly found out I love plants. This is now my happy place.”
11. “Our house had no garden when we bought it; here it is now at dusk. It gets better every year.”
12. “How it started vs how it’s going (7 years)”
13. “What a difference a few years can make! The idea in 2017 vs the established garden in 2020”
14. “Last year, I posted a photo of my first attempt at making a pond. This is how it looks now.”
15. “2 years — can’t wait to see it after 20!”
Do you have any plants in your home? Do you know any gardening hacks? If so, share your knowledge with everyone in the comments!
Preview photo credit kearneycation / Reddit, kearneycation / Reddit
Bright Side/Home/15 Gardens That Gave People’s Homes a Splash of Color and Charm
Share This Article