15 Stories That Prove Every Parent Is a Comedy Star
Sometimes kids say such witty and funny things that even the best comedians pale in comparison to them. Rain or shine, your life will always be bright if you live with them under the same roof. It might be hard to spot such amusing moments, but once we do, they become totally ingrained in our memory.
Bright Side gathered stories that prove having a kid automatically makes you a comedian.
- While having dinner last night, my daughter looked up at me and asked, “Daddy, you’re the boss in our family, right?”. Proudly, I replied, “Yes, my little princess, yes I am.” She continued, “That’s because mommy put you in charge, right?”
© madazzahatter / Reddit
- Audrey (6 y.o.): Daddy! Did you know that after Michael left my school, he came back and now people call him David?
Me: Does he look and sound totally different, too?
Me: That’s not the same kid, honey.
Audrey: *long pause* Maybe...
© Brian Wecht / Twitter
- Him: “Mommy, I want a cookie!”
Mommy: “Can you say please?”
© rainCloudsz / Reddit
- 6yo (to her crying brother): “It’s okay to be sad, sometimes we need to let our feelings out, just let yourself be sad.”
Me: “Oh darling, that’s so lovely, well done. Why is he crying?”
6yo: “I hit him.”
© Ellie Hawkes / Twitter
- “Daddy, will you remember me in 5 years?”
“Daddy, will you remember me in 5 months?”
“Daddy, will you remember me in 5 minutes?”
“I hope so!”
“Daddy, will you remember me in 5 seconds?”
“Yes. Yes I will.”
“DAD! You said you would remember me!!!”
© rightwrongwhatever / Reddit
- My son said: “Dad, once I reach 99 pounds, I will eat one pound of nachos. Then I will be 99% your son and 1% nacho son.”
© zu-den-sternen / Reddit
What did your child say that you’ll never forget? What hilarious things did you say when you were little?