17 Pics That Perfectly Sum Up What It’s Like to Be a Parent
Being a parent can be hard, but it doesn’t really matter since our relationship with our kids is probably the most accurate definition of unconditional love. When we spend time with them, we might physically feel warmth and fullness in our chests — it’s because of a bundle of nerves in the chest called the vagus nerve, the physiological basis of parental love. And when there’s so much affection involved, it’s easy to laugh at the little silly situations that are abundant in each parent’s life.
We at Bright Side found some pictures that can be considered the embodiment of the parenting experience.
1. “My 3-year-old son found my hair clippers.”
2. “I’ve been making memes of my daughter’s quotes for years. Someone made a book of them for me.”
3. “My 2-year-old just ’delivered’ half his toys and books to ’Father Christmas who lives in the toilet’...”
4. “This is where my almost-2-year-old chose to hide after I told him it was time to go.”
5. “This is how my son eats a loaf of bread. What kind of monster have I unleashed upon this world!”
6. “My son tried drawing a picture of a dinosaur and now I’ll never be able to sleep again.”
7. “Why wouldn’t there be Reese’s cereal in my toilet brush handle?”
8. “I think my 3-year-old is about to summon something.”
9. “My 3-year-old made me a card today.”
10. “My son insisted on being Iron Spider this year.”
11. “Saw another laptop + toddler post and thought I’d post mine. Any tips on removing Tippex off of a laptop and sofa?”
12. “When I was a 4-year-old girl, I cut my hair into a mullet. My mom bawled.”
13. “My daughter doesn’t even understand the joke she just made.”
- It’s a reference to the CPR episode of The Office, where Dwight wore the face of a dummy as a mask.
14. “I think my daughter just told my dog something he wasn’t prepared to hear.”
15. “My friend’s kid got stuck in our cat tower.”
16. “Would not stop crying until she got her own cone of shame.”
17. “I think my 3-year-old is trying to kill me.”
What funny things did you do as a kid?