10 Toys That’ll Turn Your Kid’s Bath Time From Potential Disaster to Wonder-Filled
According to research, the first few years of a child’s life are critical for learning. And playtime is the best way for kids to learn how the world works. It pulls together the logical and creative parts of the brain — this includes the bath time experience as well.
Oftentimes, kids don’t like bath time because of the change of temperature, the fact that it’s slippery, or because they easily get water in their eyes. But getting some toys is a great idea to make bath time fun for your kid.
1. This toy will entertain not only your kid but also the whole family. There are lots of options for the creative assembling of this track game, so it will never get boring for your kid.
4.4 out of 5 stars
- It contains a total of 38 pieces
- The instructions show examples of how to easily build and reassemble new designs
- They can be stuck on any smooth surface, not just in the bathroom
My daughter is autistic and has been terrified of water and our shower since day one!
She’s now 2, so we decided to get this product to see if it would help if she was distracted, and we tried to make it more of a playtime situation rather than this awful time we both dreaded.
I can now happily say my daughter genuinely begs us all day to get in the shower! We couldn’t believe it! She’s a totally different child, and it’s all down to this product.
I 100% recommend it.
Thank you for changing our lives. @Amazon Customer
2. If you need a toy that will survive being bashed around, then this is the toy for you. These buckets have 3 types of drainage that are ideal for water play.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- This set includes 3 buckets
- The bottom of these buckets is interactive and ranges from shower holes to dropping balls and water wheels
- They are made of BPA-free plastic
Wow—these are great little bath toys. High quality, shiny plastic in rich colors. They surprised me because they were so well made. I’ll have to look for more things from this maker! My 2-year-old granddaughter is so busy playing with these that she doesn’t even notice I’m washing her hair! They are a nice size for a bath toy, as big as they need to be without being oversized and causing a storage issue, like so many cheap plastic kids’ toys. These will actually last! @J. Van Wagner
3. With this cloud toy, you can not only entertain your kid in the bath, but also, by filling it with water, you can give your little one a bath.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- Fill it with water, let it rain, and then close the top hole with a finger to stop the water flow
- This toy beautifully illustrates the cycle of water and turns kids into little rain makers
- The design of this cloud eliminates the possibility of mold as it can be opened after use to allow it to dry
So much fun and educational too. If you have one bath toy, make it this one! Plunge it under the water and feel the bubbles as the air is displaced—turn it upside down for lots of little bubbles, or leave it upright for a few big ones—then cover the hole, lift it high, and watch it rain! @FSBT
4. These suction cup spinners are perfect for little hands and will bring many hours of entertainment to your kid. What’s great is that you can take these toys with you on trips.
4.8 out of 5 stars
- This set contains 3 spinning toys that will work great for getting your kid’s attention
- These spinning toys have bells inside which will make a sound when playing
- They can be attached to a variety of smooth surfaces, including bathroom tiles, bathtubs, glass, and tables
A fantastic spinning toy for bath time! This is a set of 3 plastic spinning toys which are great for bath time!!
There was a pink, green, and yellow toy in the set. You attach it to a glass or plastic surface with the attached suction cup, then spin away. It has a rattle in it, which makes a nice noise and keeps the babies’ attention.
It is marketed for over 3-year-old kids, but my baby loves looking at it while I spin it. She is fascinated by it.
The materials are high quality, and the colors are bright and vivid. The designs are pretty and the little insects are not scary for kids to see!
If you are in the market for a spinning toy, this is a great buy! @Nikhil
5. Set up a whole water lab for your kids in the bathtub with this toy. They will be able to study the physics of water and at the same time have a lot of fun.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- This toy improves toddlers’ hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- When water is added to the test tube and poured into the water gauge funnel it generates surprising water effects
- This bath toy incorporates physics & mathematic concepts into play
My son loves it! We’ve always had trouble getting our 22-month-old interested in having a bath. However, since we got this toy for him, he can’t wait to get in the bath every evening! No problem with it sticking to the side of the bath. It is a really good toy! @MR J C PEACE
6. Immerse your baby in a full relaxing atmosphere with this cute astronaut projector that will create a starry nightlight on your bathroom ceiling.
4.7 out of 5 stars
- Up to 17 choices of nebula flow sky
- Product measurements are 12 cm D x 11.5 cm W x 23 cm H
- There are 2 ways to switch on the astronaut light projector: the back buttons and the remote control
- The remote control allows you to change the colors, speed, and brightness of the nebula and star, as well as set a timer
This is an awesome projector! Plug it in and off you go! The astronaut is very top-heavy as the head is the projector, but it comes with a little moon surface base. Just make sure you push the feet firmly in to make sure it stays.
The head is held on the body by a magnet and is freely movable, so you can project in any direction you like!
It projects over a large area and the laser stars really make it special, but you must remind users not to look into the laser or position it out of reach or sight.
If you misplace the remote, there are buttons on the back which easily operate the light show!
This creates an awesome atmosphere and is amazing for the price. It gave us all lots of fun! @Kimonomon
7. If your kid enjoys music, this toy will be perfect: a shark that will swim in the bath while playing the song “Baby Shark.”
4.5 out of 5 stars
- This shark has water-activated carbon sensors
- It has auto switch-off: it goes into 4-minute sleep mode when you take it out or put it back in
- 3 x AAA batteries are included with the toy
Wow, what an amazing toy! Be ready with your camera to capture your child’s face when they first hear it sing!
My 1-year-old grandson loves the Baby Shark song. Imagine his delight when this toy swam and sang his favorite song. He certainly giggled and giggled to the music.
It appears to be well-made and good quality. Hopefully, it will last. It has water-activated technology, which makes the shark swim.
I can see this shark joining us in the paddling pool. More fun to be had! @Happiness
8. Protect your little one from an accident while having fun in the bath. This whale is securely tightened around the bath faucet and will prevent your kid from getting bumps and bruises.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- This toy is free of PVC and dishwasher safe, making it simple to clean
- It’s easy to tighten around most bath faucets and spouts
- To dry it quickly in between baths, hang it by the tail on a towel rack
It works great!
It’s cute and keeps my little one from hitting her head on the spout. (She likes to throw her head back a lot.) It fits great. It has an adjustable band to tighten or loosen it if you need to. It’s also soft but sturdy enough to prevent a bad accident. We love it. @Ashley
9. These toys can be much more interesting for children than the usual rubber ducks, as they will be fun to play with not only in the bath but on the ground as well.
4.6 out of 5 stars
- This set includes 2 different bubbles per pack, with 4 possible toys available
- Bubbles float and are easy to grab for a baby
- This toy encourages the development of early senses — sight, hearing, and touch
I love the Munchkin brand. All of their toys I have purchased are super cute and good quality, so I do think they are worth the price you pay.
My baby loves playing with this bath toy. He is now 14 months old but has been playing with this since the age of around 9 months. The little turtle in one of them spins around the ball, and he loves it. The second toy is a little rattle with a ball inside.
Both toys are so easy to keep clean and really durable as they have been thrown in the bath and out of the bath so many times.
I would recommend this bath toy. @Amy
10. Throw your baby a whole bath party with this cute octopus. It lights up in different colors and sprays water almost like in a water park.
4.0 out of 5 stars
- This bathtub toy will light up and flash as it comes into contact with water
- As soon as it exits the water, all of the effects stop
- 3 standard AAA batteries are needed for the toy to work (not included)
I have a 7-month-old son, but he is very interested in toys and loves taking showers. Sometimes I spend time with my baby in the shower and play with these kinds of toys. It’s great that my baby can show interest and play at an early age because it means he can understand.
I bought several toys, but this octopus is lighter and slightly larger. My baby’s favorite toys are usually light and sound toys. That’s why I chose this luminous octopus toy.
It is safer than other bathtub toys because the other toy’s battery cover has no screws and no rubber. But this octopus has 2 screws, and with it, there is rubber on the frame of the cover. (to make it waterproof)
It is not a small toy, so it is not a risky situation for the baby. My baby has fun with it in the tub and tries to drink the water gushing out of it. It made me happy that he had fun and laughed with this toy.
It is a nice toy with lights, it’s good quality, and it has fun water movements. At first, I thought I paid a little too much for this, but now I realize it was worth it. @Seda Alaattin Cagil
Do you remember the first time you took a bath by yourself? How did it go? Share your story with us in the comment section.
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.