8 Smart Gadgets That Will Do Your Chores for You
You will probably be happy to know that laziness turns out to be the key to a long life. It seems that the lower the metabolic rate, the more likely the species you belong to will survive. So if you are sluggish by nature, good for you! And to top this information off, here are some terrific products that you can delegate your daily chores to.
1. If you like the job done perfectly, this is your device: “All my windows are sparkling clean. While the machine is doing its job, I have been able to get on with other tasks.” You can sit back with a cup of your favorite beverage and watch your windows get clean by the minute. Or you can get to the chores that you’ve been putting off for a long time.
There are 3 cleaning modes. You can choose any one of them with the remote control, and then enjoy watching the glass cleaner do its job.
This is one of the best things I’ve ever bought. After an initial false start when I didn’t know how to turn it on (hold the button down, don’t just press it!), we were off. It’s done a great job of cleaning the windows. I love that it does a better job than I do and doesn’t hurt my arms in the process! I’ve since used it on the shower screen, which has never been so clean, and the tiles in my loo. I honestly can’t stop looking at my gleaming windows, and I love that it took zero effort from me! Life is too short to clean windows! — sparkle
Buy the glass cleaner robot HERE
2. A family-size air fryer is just what you need if you have a big family. This oven will perfect your everyday meals, saving you a lot of time at the same time. “I absolutely love this! So far, I’ve used it to cook sausages, pork chops, chips, chicken wings, lamb kebabs, and chicken strips, and they’ve all turned out perfectly! I also love that you can use it to heat croissants and rolls, pastries, and sausage rolls... It saves me from having to preheat my oven and waste energy cooking small things. I would definitely recommend this.”
It has a 4.3-liter capacity that lets you cook large portions. The oven is easy to set up and clean after it has cooled down.
I have always wanted to own an air fryer, but I couldn’t afford an expensive one. This was on sale at Amazon at an affordable price. Some of the reviews state that this is not as good as the more expensive brands of air fryers, but as I have not used them, I have no experience with whether they are better or not. I am extremely pleased with this air fryer. It is easy to use. I was able to plug it in and use it almost immediately after cleaning the basket. It is easy to clean, although I recommend cleaning it soon after use to stop the grease from drying on it. It can’t be put in the dishwasher or washed with abrasive sponges. It is easy to wipe off, though.
So far, I have cooked chicken breasts. It fits 3-4 chicken breasts in the basket. They came out nice and tender without drying out. I used dry rubs to flavor them, as you can’t use very liquid marinades on them. I have cooked both frozen and homemade fries in it, with good results. I have found that if you put too many fries in the basket, then you need to shake or turn them over so that you get even cooking. The alternative is to cook them in smaller batches. Fries take roughly 18–20 minutes, about the same time as oven fries, but the result is much better. I’ve also made homemade onion bhaji and homemade croutons. They were both very good. There are lots of recipes online, and Amazon also sells recipe books for this exact model of air fryer. There are guidelines in the instruction booklet regarding recommended cooking times and temperatures.
I am very pleased that I purchased this. I have already used it a lot and I plan to make other recipes. I recommend buying this air fryer. — Emma M
Buy the air fryer HERE
3. Now you can take good care of your furry (or not so furry) friend without lifting a finger. This automatic pet feeder is a dream — it keeps the food fresh and has a nice interface. The target audience also finds this device worth its money: “The product does what I bought it for, it doesn’t scare the cat (apart from the first time!), and it gives me some peace of mind when I have to work late that the cat is at least getting some kibble during the day.”
The timers and portion sizes are easy to set. There is a personalized meal call. Now you can stay close to your pet even if you’re not at home.
I don’t normally write reviews, but thought this deserved one. So far, it has been working very well.
- A decent length standard USB C — USB A connector.
- Settings are not lost when the power goes out (without battery backup). I configured it and then unplugged it overnight without batteries, and the time/all settings were intact in the morning.
- Pretty easy to use, just have to go through all the pages to change one thing, but it is very straightforward. I am very tech-savvy, so it might not be for everyone.
- The stainless-steel bowl is great, and the design is neat and compact. — C. Hamer
Buy the feeder HERE
This machine is made out of high-quality plastic, glass, and stainless steel. It is very durable and easy to use.
Bought this as a gift and my hubby loves it!!! Just as pictured and very good quality, amazing buy!!! And came in so fast!!! — jessica luna
Buy the coffee maker HERE
5. This mini dishwasher is compact but capable: “This is a great purchase for people without space for a full-sized dishwasher.” It can fit on the countertop and does a really good cleaning job using tablets.
This device is energy efficient. It comes with a licensed EU to UK converter plug. There are 3 different programs: ECO, intensive, and fast.
An amazing dishwasher! Just perfect for what I’ve been looking for for years. It might be small, but it does a great job! It can tackle really dirty jobs, or in just 30 minutes, it can get your glasses and mugs sparkling clean. I am so very pleased with it, and it looks good on my worktop. — Sweet Miss Sunshine
Buy the dishwasher HERE
6. This brush will make the cleaning process look and feel effortless. A helping hand around your house no matter what: “Love it. Having Fibro and arthritis I wanted something that worked with little strain on the hands and wrists. My Tassimo machine gets chocolate powder caught around the pod area. Wiping it doesn’t work. Cleaned the wee gaps and buttons on my washing machine and tumble dryer really well. Recommend you buy the additional heads.”
This device cleans difficult-to-reach areas easily. It is approved and used by professionals. It is also very helpful for people with different abilities.
I am not proud to show how dirty our sink was, but in the photos, you can see how dirty it was. As someone suffering from chronic pain — it is hard to maintain a house, and just scrubbing the kitchen sink with a sponge triggers wrist pain and inflammation. I poured plenty of scouring powder around the sink and left it to sit for about 20 minutes. I then used the sonic scrubber with the larger brush head to get rid of all the dirt. Scouring powder is brilliant stuff, but you do need some wrist power to get the stubborn bits. However, this scrubber makes it so effortless! You can turn the scrubber on, and you do not have to hold the button down. It is easy to use, and you don’t really need to put any pressure on it to remove stains. The bristles are very good, and I found that it can remove some dirt without even turning the device on. The bristles were able to get into the sink drain bit, which I can never clean well with a sponge.
I think this has done a marvelous job and would highly recommend it. I can now take care of my kitchen and bathroom sinks without being in excruciating pain afterward! — Ryan G.
Buy the scrubber HERE
The device is made out of plastic and is very easy to clean. Just remove all the cat litter, wash the device with pet-friendly soap, and rinse out.
Works very well. It could do with the plastic grate/sieve being held down with some sort of clip as it lifts when you tip the tray back to allow the cat litter to flow back into the tray. The long collector scoop also needs to be flat or square at the end, as clumped litter collects behind it when you tip the tray over. A litter level line in the tray would also be handy. Other than those 3 design problems, it’s a good product. — Pequod
Buy the litter box HERE
There are 2 cleaning modes: ECO and turbo. The first one gives a longer, quieter, energy-saving clean, while the second one provides a super-powered, deeper clean.
This is the third robotic vacuum I have tested, and it is probably the best, but it does come at a price. This Neato vacuum (D701) works by using laser navigation to work its way around your room. It uses an algorithm to initially scan and then map the room. The cleaning is logical, using straight horizontal lines. Its front bumper will touch an object (e.g. a chair leg) and then maneuver its way around it. A feature that is incorporated into this robot vacuum is the ability to add no-go lines once it has mapped a room. As it suggests, a no-go line is added, so the vacuum does not vacuum certain areas, such as behind a television with lots of cables or a playroom with lots of toys on the floor. I personally prefer to use magnetic strips, which you can cut and place on the floor. A one-meter length of this comes with this vacuum, and more can be bought if needed. Another feature of this model is that it can map multiple floors (a maximum of 3). But for this function to be really useful, you will need to purchase a second or third dock on each floor, which is just short of £50.00. The line of Neato vacs uses the same size brushes and filters, so you can then decide what level of filtration you want. So I have had this D7 for the last 3 months, and it has worked perfectly, particularly in places like under a sofa/couch or under the bed that does not get moved very often. This vac will not outright replace a traditional handheld cordless or corded vacuum, but you will definitely use them less, giving you more time for other things. — Clinton Clarke
Buy the cleaner HERE
What is your favorite modern tool that gets the job done? How often do you use it?
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.