The 6 Best Digital Photo Frames That Will Fill Your Home With Warm Memories
Our phones and cloud storage contain thousands of memorable photos, but no one is really looking at them. These are warm memories that can take us back to our happiest moments. To dive into them more often, there is a modern technological solution. The digital photo frame will dust off your best moments, collect them as a slideshow, and show them to you and your guests.
We analyzed the best of them on Amazon, and we want to share our findings with you so you can choose the perfect option!
1. Most versatile: 15″ digital photo frame where you can instantly share videos and photos
- With this photo frame, you can instantly share your favorite moments with your friends and family wherever you are. Simply send photos, videos, or audio messages from your email or the Pix Star SNAP app that is compatible with iOS or Android.
- The photo frame also syncs with photo platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and many more.
- The energy-saving photo frame has a built-in intelligent motion sensor. It automatically displays photos as you walk by.
- With the included remote control, you can easily control the frame without leaving fingerprints.
- It has a matte screen with an anti-glare coating for an optimal viewing experience and a 4:3 aspect ratio for displaying photos without black bars on the sides.
- Free lifetime storage: Pix Star offers you a free online account with unlimited storage for your photos.
- Ability to remotely control multiple photo frames. You can easily add, delete, and sort your photos into albums and manage your contacts — as needed.
- 2-year warranty
- The frame is pre-programmed with hundreds of internet radio stations and offers a calendar, notifications, calculator, music, and games.
- Highest price on this list
- Some users complain about other people’s frames getting into the slideshow. In this case, you can contact customer support.
Questions and answers:
Q: How many Dropbox accounts can you pair with the device?
A: As many as you want.
Q: Is it touchscreen?
A: No. It is not a touchscreen.
These are brilliant. No more transferring tons of pictures onto a memory card, you just send it to your frame’s e-mail address. Bought one for my dad for his 80th, and he loves it. His family can send lovely pics to him without him doing a thing. It just loads up, and when he puts it on, it’s there.
Fantastic piece of equipment, easy to set up and use! The quality of the picture is brilliant, and we love the fact that you are able to send videos too! My parents were a little freaked out at first when they could hear my voice in the lounge (they were in the kitchen), especially as I was out of the country at the time! They have used the radio, alarm, weather, and memo settings too!
It’s a multi-functional device that has provided a way of keeping in touch no matter where you are!
2. Easiest to use: Wi-Fi-free digital photo frame with auto rotation for portrait or landscape
- The only frame that can play photos and videos in one slideshow
- Built-in stereo speaker
- Possibility to choose from different slideshow transitions
- Easy plug and play from USB/SD memory in minutes. Simply insert a USB stick or memory card (SD/SDHC) to instantly display your favorite photos and videos on your digital photo frame.
- Built-in calendar and clock
- An energy-saving motion sensor automatically turns the frame on and off.
- The removable stand allows you to fix the frame on the wall.
- Magnetic remote included
- This is not a smart device and cannot be connected or updated via Wi-Fi.
- Frame is limited in file formats. For example, it cannot display common HEIC formats (iPhone), this requires converting all files to JPG.
Questions and answers:
Q: Can I turn off the motion sensor, so it can be watched by someone in bed?
A: Yes, ours is turned off.
Q: Can you set a timer, so it powers on / off at the same time each day?
A: Yes, it does have a timer, I have mine set on motion, so it comes on when someone walks past it, and then it switches off automatically after 10 mins of photos if no more motion is detected in that time, it’s pretty clever!
I spent ages looking for the right frame — not too plastic looking and no pointless Wi-Fi where you’re forced to use apps and other nonsense. This frame is simplistic perfection — downloaded about 1500 images and videos onto a small USB, and away you go. A couple of simple options to configure using the remote control (which handily stores by a magnet on the back) and that’s it.
It would be nice if the videos could be a bit longer as they are capped at 15 seconds, but it’s a minor quibble for what is a great product.
Bought as a present for an elderly relative who has no Wi-Fi or internet. I uploaded nearly 200 photos (sorting them into a file took a while) but once done, it was easy to put on USB. I purchased the frame and USB together. So easy to set up. Clear instructions and is easy for my relative to use, who is 86. Has a motion sensor and a timer, which are useful. Haven’t uploaded any videos yet, but I believe it can. The picture quality is as good as the photos uploaded. I added some really old ones by taking a picture of a photo.
3. Best value for the money: Digital photo frame with remote control and the latest interface
- Equipped with the latest FHD 1920×1200 LCD screen, delivering rich and vibrant colors with superior picture quality.
- Works without software installation, no Wi-Fi, and no apps, just plug in your USB stick or SD card, and your photos and videos will be automatically compiled into a beautiful high-resolution slideshow.
- Support random picture playback and background music playback
- Supports USB storage and SD card up to 32 GB, and supports multiple file formats. Comes with an intuitive remote control.
- 7 slideshow switching effects to choose from to avoid visual fatigue
- Music, video, photos, calendar, clock, alarm, and auto power on/off
- The shock-resistant matte body can prevent scratches.
- Doesn’t have a swivel function.
- The cable is not very long, which may limit the choice of placement.
Questions and answers:
Q: Can it display captions and dates? And if so, can it get the information from the photo metadata?
A: Yes, the photo frame will display captions and date information. The caption can be edited by you, and the date information refers to the time you upload a photo.
Q: Can the photo frame be set to portrait, or does it have to be landscape?
A: Technically, no. This frame does not support portrait orientation. You can obviously stand it up in portrait, but the device doesn’t detect its orientation at all — all the menus will still be landscape, and any portrait photos will still be shown letterboxed in landscape (so, basically on their side).
You would have to rotate all your portrait files, so they become landscape, then rotate the device, so they appear portrait. Videos, too, will always play as if they are being viewed in landscape mode.
Really versatile digital picture frame. Huge capacity. Send all your latest pics straight from your phone. Invite friends and family to send theirs. This is the second frame we’ve purchased. It has helped us to enjoy all those digital pics that languish unseen on phones, tablets, and PCs.
After deliberating over a few different digital photo frames, I took the plunge and went for this one due to the price and the reviews, and I’m very happy indeed with it! Load up a memory stick, plug it in, and away you go. The instructions are easy to follow. The picture quality is very good, and I’m sure this particular present will go over well!
4. Best price: Digital photo frame with music, a video player, a calendar, and an alarm
- 1920×1080 HD FHD display with vibrant colors
- No software or apps to install — just plug in your USB stick or memory card, and your photos or videos will be automatically compiled into a beautiful high-resolution slideshow.
- Supports background music playback
- Multifunctional device with built-in photo, video, music, calendar, and alarm mode
- Possibility of remote control with the included remote control
- The universal interface supports USB, SD, and 3.5 mm headphone jacks.
- Fairly short power cable
- The sound quality is not very good.
Questions and answers:
Q: Can this be stood up in both landscape and portrait?
A: Yes, it can.
Q: Can you set this photo frame to autoplay photos/videos as soon as it is plugged into the main? If purchasing for someone who can’t use the remote control.
A: Yes, you can. You have to change this in the settings.
If, like me, you get a little bit bored of the same pictures around the house all the time, then a digital photo frame is definitely the way to go.
I have this hung on the wall directly, as I had a spot that was originally designed to have a TV on it. This basically has a plug behind it, so I can plug it straight in and leave it on the wall, displaying everything. It has its own remotes, so we don’t have to pull it down every time we want to make any changes to it, and it can also display video, although that’s not really what we want to do, seeing as it’s on the wall all the time.
Adding extra pics or videos is reasonably simple. They can be added through a USB port on the side or added via a Wi-Fi app connection where you just send the images straight from your phone to the photo frame.
The images are nice and clear. In fact, you can see them better than you can on the phone, but that’s only due to the size of the display, which is a decent 10-inch display, so roughly about the same size as your standard tablet.
This is a very neat frame. I have not had a chance to use the video or music yet, but for the size of the screen, it gives an excellent image. Absolutely perfect for keeping those family memories alive. It is powered by a main adaptor, so there is no bother with changing batteries. I look forward to employing many of the other features, but for the present, it gives me a good reminder of more pleasant times before COVID. When, or if, we have visitors, a photo frame is by far the best way of showing our photos. I would highly recommend the purchase of more than one to display pictures to friends/visitors in an easy fashion. We all have too many photos these days — give them a platform!
5. The handiest: A smart cloud photo frame with an IPS touch screen and 16 GB storage
- This digital photo frame has an app where you can share photos and videos, and manage albums for free, from anywhere in the world. The app is available for both Android and IOS.
- The 16 GB internal memory offers plenty of storage space for photos and videos.
- The frame is equipped with a high-definition IPS display (1280×800) with wide viewing angles. The large resolution will provide you with ultra-clear photo viewing.
- The touchscreen makes it easy to adjust the frame, view photos, delete videos, or pause slideshows with a quick tap of your finger.
- The frame can automatically rotate photos to adjust the direction, and the border will be filled to blur the background.
- Multi-functional user settings include playback order, image zoom, hide and share images, title display, dimmable brightness, and sleep mode.
- 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Limited memory, and hence the number of photos
- Some users note that it is inconvenient to install it vertically due to the power cable.
Questions and answers:
Q: Does it run on battery?
A: No, it does not have a battery, you have to plug it in.
Q: Do we need to purchase the MicroSD card separately?
A: Yes, but it comes with built-in storage.
Excellent photo frame brought for my wife, she is pleased. Very easy to set up, and the picture quality is fantastic. Now she can see all of her photos in one place with a slide show.
Lovely frame. I like that you can add videos as well as photos, and family can send them over too. Would have liked to be able to have longer videos. And I like the sleep mode.
6. The most popular: Wi-Fi smart digital photo frame with a wide range of designs
- The best-selling frame on this list, which has earned the trust of thousands of buyers
- It has its own app for instant and secure photo transfer.
- A wide range of colors and shapes to match your decor
- Available in both landscape and portrait orientations
- It has an intelligent sensor that wakes up the frame when you are in the room and puts the frame to sleep when you are not. The software allows you to create fun playlists and slideshows for special occasions.
- It has AI to automatically place people closer to the center of the frame for the best viewing experience.
- The IPS display provides the widest possible viewing angle while maintaining crisp, vibrant colors in your photos and videos.
- Works with Amazon Alexa — just request the playlist you want on your Nixplay frame.
- The operation of the device depends on a Wi-Fi connection.
- Some users note that it is quite difficult to figure out the usage settings. You may need time.
Questions and answers:
Q: Does this link directly to Google Photos, or do you have to upload from Google Photos?
A: Both. You have the option of manually uploading/curating content from your Google Photos account or, alternatively, setting up a dynamic playlist, which will draw the machine-learning or self-made albums you select from Google Photos automatically.
Q: Can I send the same images to 2 separate frames?
A: Yes, you can. When using their website, you upload your photos, and then you just click and drag them to whatever frames you like.
I’m really impressed with this. The frame itself, how it integrates with the cloud, the app, the ability to e-mail photos, and all the features. This is a fantastic photo frame.
It’s my mom’s favorite item in the whole world, she is mesmerized by it. We all upload pictures to it all the time from our phones, so she gets new photos every day on her frame. Very easy to use, seamless, and free once you’ve bought the quite-expensive frame. Great quality picture too.
C. A. R. Croft
Let’s share screenshots! What photo is on your phone screensaver right now?
Bright Side is an Amazon Associate and gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.