19 People Who Showed Us What Self-Irony Is All About
It’s quite easy to make a joke about another person, but it takes courage, wit, and self-irony to have a good laugh at yourself or the situation you’re facing. Many of us have had times when a good sense of humor kept us afloat on the toughest days, and this is surely an art that needs to be mastered.
Here at Bright Side, we became charmed by these gurus of self-irony, and we hope you share our admiration!
1. This mom turned her son’s broken arm into infinite power.
2. “Today I welcomed my first child into the world. Here’s a photo of me waking up after passing out in the OR.”
3. Who needs those costly display stands after all?
4. “Turns out my 12-year-old and her friends think my aggravated expression is funny enough to be their wallpaper.”
5. “My coworker told me today that I always look suspicious. I was very confused as to why she would think that and then remembered I have literally looked like this since I was a baby.”
6. “Went to open my fridge. Definitely thought my hand was connected properly.”
7. “I send this to my girlfriend when our arguments aren’t getting anywhere.”
8. When you go against your parents’ wishes:
9. A perfect match
10. “My mate wasn’t going to his graduation due to his parent being away, so we took a budget graduation photo and stepped in as his ’mom’ and ’dad’.”
11. “I finally hit my goal weight!”
12. “I grew out my hair for the last 2 years. I decided to have some fun before I finally got it cut.”
13. “Going back to work next week. Trying to convince my colleagues I had a beach holiday.”
14. “My 60-year-old dad had a party, and yesterday I found this on his front door.”
15. “My high school government teacher put himself on a cover of Forbes and read it on a plane while he sat in first class for the first time in his life.”
16. “Our friend got fired today.”
17. “I get an email every time I get a package delivered to my apartment’s mailroom. It’s supposed to be a photo of the label, but there’s this one guy...”
18. “I work at a hotline and this is my desktop.”
19. “My dad and I recreated a tender moment 34 years later.”
Do you think that a healthy dose of self-irony is necessary for a happy life? Do you personally have this quality? Tell us in the comments!
Preview photo credit EatPrayNub / Reddit