Reddit Users Accidentally Overheard Some Silly Things That Could Make Anyone’s Eyebrows Go Up
Have you ever had a completely surreal conversation when you were talking to someone who was uttering complete nonsense? Or have you seen someone who did something that startled everyone around them? The people from this compilation had the experience of coming across something like this and they just couldn’t resist sharing what happened next.
After reading these stories, we at Bright Side also couldn’t help but make a list of these completely mind-blowing short stories from the internet. We bet you will be impressed.
Had a woman who was in active labor, despite insisting she couldn’t be pregnant. She said her last period was “like 10 months ago” so she’d gone through menopause. She was 25. © Kaylinwriter14
A customer at a restaurant, after asking for a vegan menu and staring at it for 10 minutes asked, “Why don’t you have any chicken dishes on the menu?” Followed up with, “What animal is a ham?” © Ezzinie
Lawyer: “How old is your son?”
Witness: “Which one of the 3?”
Lawyer: “The 30-year-old one.”
I work at in the support office of an internet provider. A new co-worker joined us recently. Weeks passed by, everything was normal until she responded to a call from an unsatisfied client who complained that he had sent a letter a long time ago, but nobody answered. She picked up the wires from the floor and started shaking them. And then she responded seriously, “I’ll shake up the cables, sometimes they get clogged and the information gets stuck.” I laughed A LOT!
- One of my patients told me that she had good news and bad news:
“Earache medicine helped.”
“And the bad news?”
“It tastes terrible.”
Because she felt better, I decided not to tell her that eardrops are called eardrops for a reason. © Dr Murray Grossan
- I heard 2 girls talking about baking when one said she wanted to try baking bread at home, but she didn’t know how to make the crust of the bread. She also said she was thinking about baking the crust only because she liked it more than the rest of the bread. She truly thought that the crust was made separately. © Lord-AG
- Lawyer: “Tell me, were you at the party at the moment the photo of you was taken?”
Witness: “Could you please repeat the question?”
- I heard this conversation between an HR person and a candidate:
“How many children do you have?”
“How many boys?”
I grew up on a cattle farm. A woman about 15 years older than me (I was 16) asked me, “After you cut off the meat from the cow, how long until it grows back so you can cut more?” I wished so badly that she was joking with me. She was not. © mycatsnameisrosie
My intern was too nervous and he had this conversation with one of his patients:
“How does amnesia affect your memory?”
“Sometimes, I forget things...”
“Give me an example of things you don’t remember.”
- I heard a woman explain to another woman how planes don’t actually fly from America to Europe, they just hang in the sky motionless while the earth moves below them until Europe appears and then they land. © Mom_is_watching
Have you ever witnessed or overheard something like this? Tell us in the comment section!