Reddit Users Revealed the Differences Between a Student From 2000, 2010, and 2020
Our school teachers watched how we changed during our childhood and witnessed our teenage years. Some of them have worked for decades in the same schools and have been able to witness how generations of students have gradually changed in surprising ways. They proved this in a Reddit thread when they were asked how different kids were from the 2000s, 2010s, and 2020. Some even went as far as saying that the “nerd” of 2010 turned into the “cool” kid of 2020.
Bright Side wants to share with you the most revealing answers of this Reddit thread. See if you agree with the users!
1. Netflix? Really?
2. They are growing into more peaceful and tolerant people.
3. From discipline to good friendship
4. 2 big differences
5. Hands down, electronics
6. It’s not about the students, it’s about the parents.
7. They’re nicer and they care for other people’s well-being.
8. Even Pokémon changed.
9. They are less likely to be part of a counterculture.
10. Teachers have changed too.
11. More pictures, less notebooks
12. What used to be “nerd” is great today.
13. They are less focused on material things.
14. Requires hard work and dedication? No, thanks.
15. Disrespect has changed too.
16. They’re much more shy.
17. Appearance is a big deal now.
18. Going to the bathroom...
19. They are the hottest topic of conversation.
20. Phones and screens are to blame.
Do you think these users’ comments really reflect how school and students have changed in the past 20 years? How do you think students have changed since you went to school? Let us know in the comments!