15+ People Showed Photos of Their Ancestors, Who They Are Insanely Proud Of
Sometimes we seem to forget about the fact that our ancestors used to be as young as us and that they have achieved a lot in their lifetime. You may not even know it, but your grandfather could have been a cool skater or your grandmother could have dated a famous actor. Maybe she used to be famous too.
We at Bright Side decided to learn more about the past of our ancestors and we have found a lot of facts that made us proud of them.
1. “My grandma in the 1920s. Stories of her skating were my favorite ones to listen to.”
2. “My dad and his friends in front of his 1972 442 Oldsmobile that he still owns today, circa 1982”
3. “My parents on their wedding day — my mom was *scandalous* for wearing black to her wedding.”
4. “Sure wish I could be as cool as my mom was in 1987.”
5. “My mom ran away and joined the circus at 18.”
6. “My grandpa met and picked up my hitchhiking grandma in this car while traveling across the country.”
7. “Skating Granny in late 1980s”
8. “My grandmother on a date with Elvis in the 1960s”
9. “My grandpa, an extra in one of the most famous movies of all time, It’s a Wonderful Life. He’s the tall gentleman in the back.”
10. “This is my grandpa’s cousin. She was a famous trick rider and she’s in the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame.”
11. “My mom and Arnold on a date in the ’70s”
12. “My dad on set directing a commercial with the famous sad clown, Emmet Kelly”
13. “My grandmother, mother, and me wearing the same Dirndl in 1969, 1984, and 2018”
14.“My great-grandma (second from the right) and her sister (far left) as actresses in a silent movie in the 1920s”
15. “My 60-year-old grandma did this.”
16. “My dad in the 1980s”
Do you have any family members whose past makes you really proud of them? Tell us about them in the comment section!