33 Quotes by Elon Musk That Can Make You Launch Off Your Couch and Shoot for the Stars
From popularizing electric cars to striving hard to colonize Mars, this famous man aims to make the impossible possible. It’s no wonder Elon Musk, despite being a businessman, commands a following that can rival the rock stars of today.
His quotes motivate and inspire newer generations. So Bright Side put together a list of some of his priceless sayings to inspire and motivate you to achieve everything.
- The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.
- When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
If you need inspiring words, don’t do it.
- If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.
- Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to
- Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.
- Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s a tough lesson.
- Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.
- If the rules are such that you can’t make progress, then you have to fight the rules.
- I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you can do things better and question yourself.
- A company is a group organized to create a product or service, and it is only as good as its people and how excited they are about creating.
- I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.
- I would like to die on Mars. Just not on impact.
- Once you figure out the question, then the answer is relatively easy.
- You have to make sure you charge right after the bombardment.
- One should try to make the world a better place because the inverse makes no sense.
- The only thing that makes sense to do is strive for greater collective enlightenment.
- I started to read the Encyclopedia Britannica. That was so helpful. You don’t know what you don’t know. You realize there are all these things out there.
- It’s OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.
- People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.
- Talent is extremely important. It’s like a sports team, the team that has the best individual player will often win, but then there’s a multiplier from how those players work together and the strategy they employ.
- Really pay attention to negative feedback and solicit it, particularly from friends... Hardly anyone does that, and it’s incredibly helpful.
- If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.
- When somebody has a breakthrough innovation, it is rarely one little thing. Very rarely, is it one little thing. It’s usually a whole bunch of things that collectively amount to a huge innovation.
- You shouldn’t do things differently just because they’re different. They need to be... better.
- I always have optimism, but I’m realistic. It was not with the expectation of great success that I started Tesla or SpaceX... It’s just that I thought they were important enough to do anyway.
- It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life [and] your job is gonna be quite miserable.
- I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.
- I believe there’s some explanation for this universe, which you might call God.
- I’d rather be optimistic and wrong, than pessimistic and right.
- Constantly think about how you could be doing things better. Keep questioning yourself.
- Don’t be afraid of new arenas.
You have to be pretty driven to make it happen. Otherwise, you will just make yourself miserable.
Which quote gave your motivation-level a boost? Do you have your own motto that keeps you strong and focused?
Preview photo credit AFP/EAST NEWS