15+ Stories About Celebrities Who Haven’t Been Ruined by Fame and Recognition
Sometimes, we see people get spoiled by fame. They turn out to not be ready for this kind of public attention: they are rude to fans, and there are scandals all around them. But there are other stars that know how to manage their popularity and even turn it into something good: they’re respectful to their fans, they do charity work, and they are good through and through.
We at Bright Side have carefully read stories from online users, and we’re ready to tell you which celebrities are very nice people in real life.
- There’s a reason why people love Keanu Reeves. He bought an entire crew bikes after one of his movies finished filming, he helped a guy open a restaurant, he helped fund a surgery, he sat and talked with a homeless guy — the man is just everywhere and, for some reason, just casually carries envelops of cash with him. © wolfyfancylads / Reddit
- I met Zendaya at Disneyland. She was a young teenager (13?). Kids were lining up to try and get a photo/autograph and her group was trying to cut them off and move everyone along, but Zendaya very firmly said “No, no, no, we are not going to do that. They want to meet us and without their support none of us would be standing here, so I am going to take pictures with them because they’ve been patiently waiting.” I was absolutely floored by someone so young being 1) so firm and unafraid to stand up for herself to adults and 2) so cognizant of the fact that her career is dependent on viewership, and that alienating viewers is not a great career decision. © DENATTY / Reddit
- I was in a hotel, having run from the swimming pool back to my room to get something. No glasses or contact lenses. I’m nearsighted. As I was getting on, I saw a couple pushing a baby carriage trying to get to the elevator. I held the door for them, and they got in. They seemed nice, but the woman was distraught that her baby was crying. I told her not to worry, I have a baby, I get it, and you have a beautiful kid there. I could tell a wave of relief came over both of them. They seemed truly encouraged to hear someone say this. We went down the elevator together and said polite things and smiled at each other as we got out of the elevator. I then saw my friends in the lobby, waiting for me. They had a kind of astonished look on their faces. Then one asked if I had any idea who I was talking to — I looked and realized it was John Travolta and his wife! © Jeffrey Crampton / Quora
- I was in a Facebook group that was just dedicated to how much we loved Brendan Fraser. Someone was going to meet him at a convention and asked us to leave comments about how much he meant to us. They printed out this massive stack of pure love and gave it to him. They said he flipped through it for a second and then cried. Gave them a big hug and asked them to thank us. © thatspooky***** / Reddit
- Paul Rudd purchased a candy store in upstate NY with Jeffery Dean Morgan because the owner died, and they refused to let the “heart” of their community close down. © missvicky1025 / Reddit
- I was at a club and my friend invited me to meet her new boyfriend: Wesley Snipes. Many years later, he recognized me in a small role on his set. He majorly upgraded my role and paycheck. I still get money from it. Love that guy. © MrPaulBae / Twitter
- I was working at a big store in New York, and that day, I was downstairs in the Kids/Books/HAY section. I was standing by the register when I saw Marion Cotillard. I was in shock, seeing her. I wanted to blabber to her and say that I love her work, so on and so forth... but I was at work. So, I just helped her pick gifts for kids. She had an assistant with her, who was constantly asking me questions, but Marion was so kind and chill. She didn’t have the air of a celebrity at all. She just wanted to shop, be normal, and enjoy her day. © Shayna Martell / Quora
- My dad, a New York cop, worked closing down a street in Queens for a movie shoot. Steve Buscemi started chatting with my dad, who is a huge fan. Mr. Buscemi waited around for my dad to drive round trip to Long Island, so he could sign his Reservoir Dogs poster. © polkaguy6000 / Reddit
- A buddy of mine worked on Logan, and said that Hugh Jackman took each department out to dinner and paid for everything. But the department my buddy worked in was only 4 people, so Hugh Jackman offered to bring them back to the cabin he was staying at and personally cook them dinner. He still provided an impressive spread, everything tasted amazing, and Hugh Jackman was apparently just the nicest guy. © Ultimatespacewizard / Reddit
- Saw Macaulay Culkin in the audience at a concert. It ended and everyone was leaving, but he stayed in his seat coloring in a coloring book. Some women excitedly went to say hi, and he gave them pages to color too. They sat. It was mesmerizing. No words, just vibes and crayons/colored pencils. © SimoneKali / Twitter
- Once, Andre 3000 was on my ferry ride to Alcatraz and I said hi. My 6-year-old autistic son came over and started talking his ear off about German Shepherds, his obsession at the time. Andre talked to him about dogs for like 20 minutes. We exchanged numbers. 4 years later, I got this text: “Hi, Jason. I was searching for a name, and yours popped up. I remember our cool encounter on the boat. How is the kid? I’m living in NYC now. So, if you’re ever out here, please reach out.” © LucidJay / Twitter
- My aunt was dating a member of the Time. He needed to drop by Prince’s while they were babysitting me. I hit my head on a table and freaked out. Prince calmed me down by picking me up/ice and when we left I said I wanted a snack to go. And he made me a to-go bag. The end. © ItsTheBrandi / Twitter
- I met Alison Brie when I worked at a ritzy rooftop club in LA. She treated me, her ordinary waiter, like an old friend, and by the end of the day we were laughing and talking with each other like idiots. I understand why she’s so successful. © MarvinLazer / Reddit
- Saw a premiere once, and all the actors walked right past the bystanders — except David Tennant. He actually bent down to this little boy’s level, answered his questions, and then talked to the child about his favorite things to do. All genuine. Lovely real guy. © Bridie180 / Reddit
- The star of Ghostbusters, Rick Moranis, quit acting at the height of his career, so he could focus on taking care of his kids after the death of his wife. © ChaoticPotatoSalad / Reddit
- Rick Moranis saw me staring at him at a restaurant when I was 8. When he was done eating, he walked over, squatted next to me, and said, “Is there something you want to ask me?” I asked for his autograph and he gave it to me. Later that day he saw me waking around town, and he was surrounded by a bunch of people signing autographs, he yelled my name out to me and said hi again. © IheartPandas666 / Reddit
- I met this gorgeous woman on the street when I was walking my dog. We talked for a while, and I immediately developed the biggest crush on her. She was funny, absolutely gorgeous, super charming and easy to talk to. Then some other lady came and basically took her away in a car, and we said goodbye. I turned to my sister and asked if it seemed like she was into me, and she just laughed at me. My sister had to point it out to me afterward that she Salma Hayek. My sister still brings it up to me all the time that I fell in love with Salma Hayek and had no idea who she was. © slugan192 / Reddit
What celebrities do you think are sincere and kind people?