15 Times Nature Wowed Us With a Trick Up Its Sleeve
Mother Nature loves surprising people with all sorts of feats and creations. From beautiful hidden patterns inside tree trunks to birds that catch free rides on even bigger birds, these are things that make Earth a magical place to live in. And when they’re captured through a lens, we all get to enjoy them.
Bright Side is now giving you photographic evidence of just how special nature is.
1. “A toucan’s skin is so thin, it’s translucent.”
2. “It never occurred to me that plants could be albino.”
3. “45 minutes before go-time and during the ceremony — Mother Nature had perfect timing.”
4. “I found a rare red fox agate from Patagonia, seen here, glowing over the beautiful New Mexico landscape.”
5. The Rio Tinto river in Spain flows red and orange due to its extreme acidity and high levels of iron and heavy metals.
6. The Dragon’s Eye is a natural rock formation in Norway.
7. “I was out for a walk by the lake today and caught a glimpse of an iridescent cloud.”
8. Haplopelma lividum, also known as the cobalt blue tarantula, is a species indigenous to Myanmar and parts of Thailand.
9. The phone has magnets, so the iron in the sand got stuck to it.
10. “This tree I found grows into itself.”
11. The stinging brush (Dendrocnide moroides) may look harmless, but a simple touch can cause pain for several months.
12. The flower stalks on Venus flytraps are really long so they don’t accidentally trigger their own traps.
13. “A strawberry whose seeds have sprouted”
14. The pattern inside the trunk of a tree fern
15. “A red-winged blackbird getting a free ride on an osprey’s nest stick”
When was the last time Mother Nature surprised you with one of her wonders? Do you enjoy going out to explore? Shine the spotlight on your best stories and photos in the comments!