16 Objects That Baffled Their Owners So Much They Turned to the Internet for Help
Our ancestors can be found around 6 million years ago, but it was only around 200,000 years ago that they evolved into modern humans. This means that there are so many objects that they invented during the past centuries that are completely unknown to us. But, it’s not just old things that we know nothing about, it’s also modern devices that we’ve simply never used.
Bright Side searched the internet and gathered 16 pictures of truly mysterious objects and very few people will know what they are.
1. “Small gold pig container with a removable tiny spoon for a tail”
2. “Metal spring with plastic ends, 20cm long, no writing or markings”
Answer: Hair remover used for the little hairs on one’s face
3. “Metal hatch in the foundation of my house?”
Answer: It looks like an ash-catch.
4. “These 2 burgundy metal springs I found in my house’s garage. They are about 3 inches long and pretty solid.”
Answer: They look like car door hinge springs probably from a Chevy.
5. “Looks to be a very small concrete bench or seat facing away from the road near a curb.”
Answer: They could be old carriage steps, used to help people get into and out of horse-drawn carriages.
6. “Mysterious yellow plastic disks mounted on a metal stand, seen near a baseball field.”
Answer: Shoulder rotator
7. “Weirdly ’heart-shaped’ metal object I found in my car”
Answer: End of a belt
8. “Unknown kitchen gadget with plastic handle and steel ends”
Answer: Looks like a grapefruit knife.
9. “This item is metal and weighs roughly 10 pounds. Inside the ports are USB-C.”
Answer: Definitely a data logger for water quality. The red part is the sensor. I’d guess the main part of it is packed with batteries.
10. “Camera-looking thing hanging from the ceiling above stairs at an airport”
Answer: It’s a “Paging Horn Speaker” made by TOA Electronics, Inc.
11. “The perforated plate appears to be ceramic and there is a white granular substance under the plate.”
12. “It’s a clear, thin, glass penguin. It is 7½ inches tall.”
13. “What is this specific hammer used for?”
Answer: It’s an auto body hammer. Typically, instead of swinging this hammer, you hold it in place and hit the flat face with another hammer.
14. “What is this metal object with crown-like ends and some threading in the center?”
15. “Moon silverware, probably German late 19th early 20th century?”
16. “Gold sphere with legs and handle. The sphere splits in 2, each side with a lid.”
Answer: It’s a silver-plated cookie box.
Did you know what any of the objects shown above were or were all of them a surprise?