18 Stories Proving That the Relationship Between Siblings Is All About Love and Good Humor
The relationship between brothers and sisters is rarely simple, especially in childhood. The path from “I love you” to “I wish our parents got a dog instead of you” can be walked in a split second. But one thing is certain: these kids have always had someone to play with.
We at Bright Side think that living in a big family gives children some really valuable experience that teaches them to treat any situation with humor. Very few people can make fun of you unless they know you really well.
- I was 15-16, I had a boyfriend with a motorbike and 2 brothers that are 12 and 13 years younger than me. I went for a walk with the boys and they were really interested in the bike. I told them, “Mike can give you a ride but you can’t tell anyone.” They start nodding and promising not to tell anyone. Mike took them for a ride, it was really slow and I think he didn’t even turn the engine on. When we were on our way home, there were talking about the ride non-stop. Once we got home, they ran toward our mom and said, “Mom, we rode a motorbike. It was really fast! But don’t tell anyone. It’s a secret!” My mom gave me a cold look. © Irolidushka / Pikabu
- I’m 29 and my sister is 26. We were having fun and playing, but our downstairs neighbors called the police. Of course, we had no idea. When someone knocked on the door, we didn’t even hear it at first. When I opened the door, I saw a woman looking at me with a contempt that said, “What are you doing? Hurting your wife?” My sister just said, “We were just playing...” © Bauırjan Qazırov / AdMe
- We were watching TV in our parents’ bedroom one night and I was fooling around with the remote, and on the screen, the letters BUY popped up. I asked what that meant and he told me that it allowed him to order candy and other sweets from the shops up the road so that he could go and pick them up the next day. I tried it myself over and over again. The shopkeeper always looked puzzled when I would walk to the counter and say “I’m Swanronson65, here to pick up my order.” © unknown user / Reddit
- When I was 5 years old and my brother was 10, our mom gave us some money to buy ice cream. We went to a nearby store and bought 2 ice creams. My brother said, “Let’s play and find out who can eat the ice cream faster!” I knew it would be hard to win, so I was doing it really fast, but my brother was eating at a regular speed. I didn’t know why, and ended up eating the whole thing faster. When I told him that I’d won, he said, “Okay. But I still have some ice cream and you have nothing.” I cried. © Moontravel / Pikabu
- Our parents absolutely loved Joe Dassin and his music was playing in our house all the time. My little 4-year-old brother loved him too. We had a neighbor named Rami who had hair like Dassin’s. Once, my older brother and I decided to prank our little brother and we told him that Rami was Dassin hiding from his fans under a fake name. He didn’t know that Dassin was already dead. So, he started stalking Rami, and once he saw Rami taking out the trash and hugged him. Later, Rami told our parents, “Your son hugged me and told me he loved my songs. He asked me to sing one for him and I said I’d do it.” © jeannne / AdMe
- I remember I came home one day and my brother asked me to buy some hairpins from him and told me that I’d get free chocolate if I did. I thought it was a good deal: it was cheap and I’d get a chocolate bar. I agreed. But then I found out that our grandma had stopped by while I was at school and asked my brother to give this stuff to me. © TheExplorer / Pikabu
- My older brother and I have competed a lot ever since we were kids. We fought, and we often yelled at each other. We even dated each other’s girlfriends. Then we grew up. I’m 29 and my brother is 34. Everything stopped when I told him his job was cool and that he was a great man. He smiled and said that I was a true fighter and he wasn’t. He also said that I had all the character and power. Since then, we’ve been cool. © “Podslushano” / Vk
- I didn’t have any siblings, so my older male cousins teased me. (Someone’s gotta do it, right?) In the days before personal cameras could produce prints instantly, they took a photo of me, pulled a photo of a monkey from the back of the camera, and claimed it was the photo they just took of me. That was 80 years ago, and they still haven’t apologized. © Judith Brandes / Quora
- When I was a child, I found my mom’s rouge, put it on my face, and convinced my little brother I used a marker to do it. He decided to do the same thing and drew on his face with a marker. © NoitaU / Pikabu
My brother and I love challenging each other with absurd and ridiculous dares. I made him act like “he was pregnant” for an entire week in front of my parents, friends, his girlfriend, and even teachers, and it was pretty fun looking at their confused -yet amused- expressions and their demand for explanations. Not to mention when he made me climb onto a stranger’s lap and sit there for 5 minutes and then walk away like nothing happened. It was the most awkward moment of my life. But my favorite one goes back to Halloween when he found some weird costumes. I had to wear a chicken costume, go into KFC, and scream, “DON’T EAT MY BABIES.” I later found out that the guy I liked, who’s now my boyfriend, was there, as well as some of my friends. © Kiara Bay / Quora
- My boyfriend loved making fun of his little sister. They were eating dumplings in the kitchen one time, and when his sister looked away, he put some of his dumplings into her bowl, and she kept asking, “Where are they coming from?” And he told her, “When you look away, they are born.” After that, she started eating faster and never looked away. © “Podslushano” / Vk
- I loved doing the dishes when I was a child. When our parents went away for the entire day, they gave my sister and me tasks: my sister had to do the cleaning and I had to wash the dishes. So, after my parents left, my sister told me that she’d let me do the dishes if I cleaned the apartment. I was happy and did everything. I was 10 years old when I realized that my sister was using me. © unknown user / Bash.im
- Because my brother is 7 years older than me, I always trusted him. He once told me that if I ate cat food, I’d become a cat. Of course, I really wanted to become a cat, so I ate cat food in secret. We’re still laughing about it today! © shalfeyy / Pikabu
How do your siblings make fun of you? Tell us in the comment section below!