20 Photos Showing What Really Happened on the Sets of Our Favorite Movies
Directors, scriptwriters, and makeup artists are ready to do a lot to create a perfect image on the big screen that millions of viewers around the world will believe. Very often, long hours of rehearsals, practicing, and takes are needed to create the necessary results. Sometimes, great acting is not enough, and they need stunt doubles, great editing, and very realistic graphics.
1. Anna Kendrick is using a special device to skate on ice on the set of Noelle.
2. The actors in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows had to wear special suits with sensors to capture their movements.
3. This is how the legendary scene from Back to the Future Part III was made when Marty McFly needed to go to 1885.
4. Matt Damon on the set of The Martian
5. Especially for the series The Crown, they had to build a set that was the exact copy of the Buckingham Palace façade.
6. Elle Fanning and Timothée Chalamet on the set of the romantic comedy A Rainy Day in New York
7. The artists are working on the model of the city that will be destroyed in Terminator 2: Judgment Day
8. Makeup artists are dyeing Samuel L. Jackson’s beard on the set of Shaft in New York.
9. Daniel Radcliffe on the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
10. Eddie Redmayne on the set of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is on a special stand so he looks taller.
11. Rebecca Ferguson is on a motorbike that is on a moving platform on the set of Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation.
12. Quentin Tarantino is giving Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt instructions on what to do on the set of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
13. Joss Whedon, the director of Avengers: Age of Ultron shows Jeremy Renner how to shoot a bow
14. Laura Dern, Sam Neill, and Steven Spielberg on the set of Jurassic Park
15. Todd Phillips, the director of Joker, is saying something funny to Joaquin Phoenix.
16. Actor Martin Freeman is waving his hand at the end of the last day as Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.
17. Peter Jackson with the actors on the set of The Lord of the Rings
18. This is how the police car was controlled in Terminator Genisys.
19. Director Michael Bay is showing actress Nicola Anne Peltz the “hand” of a transformer trying to grab her on the set of Transformers: Age of Extinction.
20. The famous scene where Jack saves Rose in Titanic, didn’t look as great behind the scenes.
Which of these legendary movies is one of your favorites? Tell us in the comment section below!