20+ Really Personal Tattoos People Could Never Regret Getting
Johnny Depp once said, “My body is my journal, and my tattoos are my story.” It’s hard to disagree with him. Some people get tattoos as a form of self-expression, for decoration, or to hide imperfections, and others get tattoos as memories of their relatives. So, most tattoos are reflections of people’s lives, past events that have taken place, or an emotional state.
We at Bright Side have seen a lot of unusual tattoos but we still keep finding ones that surprise us, make us laugh, or move us. And we couldn’t help but share them with our readers.
1. “The client asked to cover her scars with Band-Aids.”
2. “A tattoo of the book my dad was reading when he passed away”
3. A birthmark that turned into unknown lands
4. “A paper plane in memory of my grandfather”
5. An unusual way to use a scar
6. “Got a tattoo of a penguin I saw at the Dallas World Aquarium. Went back a few years later to show him.”
7. Using your imagination, you can make use of a scar.
8. “In memory of the best boy ever”
9. “Just got a new tattoo over a scar I got from surgery after breaking my leg in a hockey tournament 3 years ago.”
10. “A cat memorial tattoo with flowers she loved to eat”
11. “My ’little leaf’ birthmark is now a leaf tattoo!”
12. “Dad passed away in 2009, so I got a tattoo of a note he wrote in my second grade yearbook as a reminder.”
13. “My birthmark is WAY cooler now.”
14. “My grandpa drew this diagram for me to show how to locate my home on the surface of the Earth with longitude and latitude. Got this tattoo as a reminder of him.”
15. “My elbow surgery scar plus a tattoo”
16. 2 brothers and a sister got similar tattoos.
17. “Just a fun brachiosaurus tattoo that comes alive when I move my arm...”
18. “My Pacman tattoo — yes, that’s a mole.”
19. “My cats in space”
20. “I’ve always been embarrassed about the random birthmark on my foot until I got this tattoo today.”
21. An inverted Hamlet ghost tattoo
Which of these tattoos impressed you the most? Show us your tattoos if you have any and don’t forget to share the stories that are behind them.