26 Urban Design Ideas Every City Needs to Adopt
Living in a megapolis has its pros and cons. One the one hand, it offers big opportunities and endless sources of entertainment, but on the other, it causes a great deal of stress in our everyday routine. Luckily, there are designers among urban residents who’ve come up with brilliant ideas to improve our environment.
We at Bright Side are convinced that you will appreciate these creative urban design solutions and would like them to appear in your cities ASAP.
26. This toilet rises from the ground when needed, usually at night time, and disappears below during the day.
25. A bench with solar powered USB ports
24. This scoreboard at the Oslo airport shows the approximate time it takes to walk to the departure gate.
23. Benches in Sweden are very couple friendly.
22. This parking lot has sensor lights above each of the spaces. Green lights up when the space is free while red indicates that it is occupied.
21. A cozy bus stop
20. A sidewalk for smartphone users.
19. Marty the robot alerts the staff of the supermarket when a clean-up is needed.
18. This supermarket gives out free fruit for kids.
17. A coffee shop that doesn’t have Wi-Fi
16. “Trams in Seville (Spain) have fast charging batteries at every stop.”
15. This grocery store cart has a cup holder, a slot for your phone, and an aisle guide for popular products...
14. ...while carts in Sweden have a map of the supermarket.
13. The narrowest street in Prague has traffic lights for pedestrians.
12. “There is a miniature library in this backyard facing a public walking path.”
11. This vending machine with freshly squeezed orange juice is in Riga (Latvia).
10. Sausage and potato salad vending machines are popular in Germany.
9. This swing allows parents to swing with their kids.
8. This toilet in China has a place for your phone.
7. This water fountain lets the water flow down, so that dogs can drink too.
6. “The way this diner explains how each cup of coffee is made.”
5. This fence is also a bicycle pump.
4. Green train in Poland
3. There’s a punching bag right in the center of New York for the residents of the mega-city to let all of their anger out.
2. Bench and fence in one.
1. This shop in Japan has display boxes of chocolates to show exactly what’s inside them.
Which of these things would you really love to see in your city?