19 Outlandish Stories Told by Kids That Left Us Totally Perplexed
Many believe that children have a greater sensitivity than adults, and that is why they can understand situations in life that adults consider otherworldly. Others argue that what makes children unique is their great imagination, something that helps them tell stories that, at times, can leave us totally puzzled.
At Bright Side, we compiled some anecdotes shared by our users, who were shocked after hearing what their children had to tell them.
- My daughter, when she was 2 years old, told me that in another life she was a bird that one day got a thorn in its wing and could no longer fly. She told me that there were 2 portals, one above and one below and that she wanted to go up to the one above, but since she could no longer fly, she entered the one below, and that is where she appeared in my belly. © Nora Torres / Facebook
- Once, when my son was almost 2 years old, he stroked my face and smilingly told me that he had seen me from heaven and had chosen me to be his mother. I looked at him, gave him a kiss, and replied that I had also chosen him as my son. He looked at me puzzled and said: “No! I saw you when you were walking on a bridge, you were wearing a beautiful dress, and I asked for you to be my mother.” I hugged him and said, “Thank you for choosing me.” He kissed me and smiled. © Hope BN / Facebook
- My 6-year-old granddaughter told me when she was 2 years old that she loved me very much because she was my mom. My mother passed away a month before she was born. © Lucy Castro Alvarez / Facebook
- My 5-year-old son tells me that before me, he had another mother and that they lived in China. One day, I asked him his mom’s name, and he said a weird name. I asked him if he misses his other mom, and he said yes, but he loves me too. © Lu Mastrodoménico / Facebook
- When my son was a year and a half old, he used to talk to an imaginary friend. One day, while I was looking for some documents, he told me his name. After a few minutes, I found the name of this imaginary friend on a birth certificate: it was my husband’s great-grandfather’s name. © Maria Caro / Facebook
- I was looking at some pictures of the sea with my aunt. My 2-year-old son looked out and told us: “I was a diver, I used to go under the sea. Sometimes I climbed into a small submarine. But once, while swimming, I was stung by a stingray. It hurt me a lot.” © Ross Guz Cal / Facebook
- My 2-year-old son asked his grandmother if she remembered him feeding her when she was little. © Alvaro Martinez / Facebook
- Once, I saw my 3-year-old girl very thoughtful and serene. I asked her what she was thinking about, and she told me that she was remembering when she was an angel, at a time when we did not know each other yet. © Blanca Lidia Piggeonoutt Rodríguez / Facebook
- When my grandson was 3 years old, we would play, and he would say to me, “Grandma, watch out for the wings of the angel next to you.” He said he saw 3 angels watching over us. © Marja Leonor Maldonado / Facebook
- Once my daughter, when she was 4 or 5 years old, came in from the playground crying. When she was able to calm down, she told me she had seen a leprechaun with a purple hat and pointy ears. She’s 11 now and still remembers it. © Javier Claros / Facebook
- When my son was one and a half years old, we were watching a movie, and he said, “A cat.” A few seconds later, a cat appeared on the screen. My husband and I looked at each other, and I asked him: “Have you seen it before?” He replied that he had not. © Conny Hernandez / Facebook
- My son says to me, “Do you remember when we went to such-and-such a place?” or tells me stories where I was never there. He also remembers things from when he was too little. © Mai Msc / Facebook
- My 3-year-old daughter asked me why her baby brother was a boy when before, when it was with her in my belly, it had been a girl. I had been pregnant with 2 babies and had lost a girl. © Marjorie Lorena Hurtado Cortes / Facebook
- My son, when he was little, used to tell me that I had to take care of him the same way he had taken care of me when I was a child. © Angelica Jaramillo / Facebook
- My youngest son claims he was a girl when he was in my belly, but because his father wanted him to be a boy so badly, he switched to indulge him. © Loreley Pestana / Facebook
- My son was 2 years old when he told me he saw a man sitting on an armchair in the living room. One day we visited my father’s house, and there was a photograph of him. My son, when he saw it, said: “Mommy, this is the man who is in our house.” I was surprised since he never got to meet his grandfather, as he died 5 months before he was born. © Teresa Reyes Flores / Facebook
Have your children ever told you a story like this? What was your reaction?
Preview photo credit Maria Caro / Facebook
Bright Side/Family & kids/19 Outlandish Stories Told by Kids That Left Us Totally Perplexed
Share This Article