14 People Who Are Ready to Tell You the Whole Truth About the Beauty Procedures They Used
The beauty industry continues to offer us something new every now and then. While almost everyone has already heard about Botox, terms like SMAS-lifting, micro-needling, and lipocavitation are still unfamiliar to many of us. So we got curious and decided to find out what girls have to contend with when it comes to a cosmetologist’s procedures and whether they were happy with the results.
Bright Side is reminding you that all procedures should be done strictly at the recommendation and under the supervision of a specialist. At the end of the article, you’ll see a bonus that will show what, according to one lady’s opinion, Russian beauty salons look like.
1. “The photo in the left was taken accidentally, but thanks to it I realized that it was high time I visited a cosmetologist — my face had become so shapeless and swollen, while my cheekbones disappeared completely.”
“The cosmetologist recommended that I do a course of massage with kinesio taping, as well as lipolytics. She also told me I could slightly lift the corners of my lips with the help of hyaluronic acid. I was ready for anything. Thanks to the massage my face became less swollen and thanks to the lypolytics, I got my cheekbones back. All in all, the result was good and now I need to periodically repeat it so that it doesn’t disappear.”
3. “I couldn’t get rid of my belly fat for quite a while and finally decided to remove it with the help of cavitation (so-called non-surgical liposuction).”
“The cosmetologist took my measurements before and after the procedure — I lost about 1 inch of my volume right after the first procedure. Altogether, I had 6 sessions and the result is stunning. I could barely button up these jeans on my belly before.”
4. “I had been wanting to enlarge my lips for a long time and finally I dared to do it. At first, they seemed too big to me but once the swelling was gone I finally saw how beautiful they became.”
“I have zero regrets about what I’ve done, I continuously enjoy their look and often hear compliments about my lips. The main thing to keep in mind is to not make them too big and duck-like.”
6. “Once I noticed a purse-string wrinkle on my upper lip and decided to refresh the contour.”
“Knowing about my wish, my friend got me a surprise for my birthday and signed me up for an appointment with a cosmetologist. When I got to the appointment, a girl with pink hair holding a mini syringe in her hands was waiting for me. She made me cry because the anesthetic didn’t help and the whole procedure was extremely painful. During the first day, I looked as if someone had hit me in my mouth, and after that, everything started to look beautiful. All in all, I like it — it has already been 2 years but the effect is still there.”
8. “Correction of nasolabial folds has become the coolest gift I’ve given to myself.”
“The difference between these 2 photos is one day. The cosmetologist told me that the results would be noticeable after 2 weeks, but I saw them right away. It seems that nothing has changed in me, but I feel that I started to look less tired. However, no one in my family noticed anything.”
9. “I never liked my brows, they were invisible and I had to draw them on every day. Eventually, I got brows tattooed on and now I am happy.”
11. “Before and after 8 micro-needling procedures”
13. “I decided to get my lips and brows tattooed because I am a lazy bones. I got tired of making myself up every morning. Moreover, in the morning, being half-asleep, I would always draw my brows differently. Now all I need to do is to wash my face and I am ready to go.”
“It took me so long to choose the tattoo artist and I was lucky to get a good one. That’s why I am satisfied with the results, but I know many sad examples of when girls have gotten terrible brow tattoos. The conclusion is: we need to have a responsible approach to everything.”
Bonus: “My German mother-in-law presented me with a visit to a beauty salon before my wedding. She made sure to find me a Russian-speaking cosmetologist.”
“I’ve only seen an interior like this in theaters: crystal chandeliers, ceiling moldings, columns, antique leather furniture. As it turned out later, my mother-in-law was sure that we only have this kind of beauty salon in Russia and did her best to find the appropriate present for her future daughter-in-law.”
How do you usually take care of your face?