16+ Stories About Animals That Made Us Feel Warm Inside
It’s said that pets choose their owners based on who they can trust to take care of them. Any animal can become a pet, even if they’re a hedgehog or a pigeon. All you need is a connection between you and the animal.
We at Bright Side have read some moving stories people posted on the Internet and decided to share the best ones with you.
- My son brought a kitten home but I explained to him that we couldn’t keep it. He was upset but he took it away. This situation happened again several days in a row and the food from the fridge started to go missing. I came into his room and he had 6 identical kittens in his toy house. It turned out that he brought 2 kittens every day, hid one, and took the other one away when I said no. We took all of them to the vet, treated them, gave 4 kittens to new owners, and kept 2 for ourselves. © Ward № 6 / Vk
I woke up to my cat literally pounding his front paws on my chest. He’s never done that before, so I turned on the light. There was a huge bat flying around my room, and my cat was freaking out about it. I had to chase the thing out of my house with a broom. I’d never been scared of bats before, but the way that one was able to fly so silently really got to me. I feel like I can rely on my cat to wake me up if there is some shady stuff going down. © Raceofspades / Reddit
- Our parents always told us that we wouldn’t have any dogs or cats in our house. But 1 year later, our dad said, “Let’s go get a cat.” We got one and named him Jack. And 15 years later, when I decided to live separately, he said he wouldn’t give me the cat because it was his home. © KyKy11 / Pikabu
- A dog saved a cat that, according to some passers-by, was hit by a car. After the collision, this dog just ran to the cat, grabbed it, and took it to the sidewalk. © Ivk67P4dMnckjwp / Twitter
- I had a dog that liked to lick the built-up ice in the freezer every time we opened the door. Got his tongue stuck regularly. Always went back for more. © Varun Sharma / Quora
- I was petting a dog that seemed to be enjoying it but then he started growling and I stepped away. And that was the moment when I heard the owner say, “Oscar, you do this all the time. You keep pushing friends away.” © nobody66 / Pikabu
- My dad always said he didn’t like our cat. A day ago, I saw him lying on the floor next to it, petting it. Then he said, “Nobody will ever know about this.” © Overheard / Vk
- I got my first cat when I was 3 years old. I told my mom I wanted a gray cat. When we got to the shelter there was a tiny gray tuxedo kitten who stuck her paw out of the cage at me to say hi when I walked over. It was a done deal for me, I wanted her and she wanted me. © UnlivingBug / Reddit
- When our dog died a few years ago, I remember just sitting on the floor and crying and my cat was rubbing his head on me and purring like he was trying to make me feel better. © Klaudiapotter / Reddit
- My cat’s name is Niels. 1.5 years ago, I saw him in the street. He was so small that I thought it was a big caterpillar. He was ill and almost totally blind due to an infection. The vets said that other cats make sick cats like this go away. I took him in and I never let him go. Don’t be afraid of picking up cats from the street. With the right care, they are the most loving creatures in the world. © AnnLuciole / Pikabu
“This is my Niels.”
- I was on a bus sitting next to an elderly woman. She had a greyish dog. It wasn’t purebred or anything but it had very stylish hair and beautiful bangs. One of the passengers said, “You have such nice hair. Who did it for you?” It was the first time I saw a dog smile and look all proud. © Pumzel / Pikabu
- I took my dog for a walk in the evening. She ran into the bushes and returned to me with a kitten that she put near my feet. The kitten was very little and barely alive but I had my hands full with the dog alone and I couldn’t afford any treatment for the cat. I was almost ready to leave but my dog took the cat carefully and looked at me, blaming me for doing nothing. I took the cat in, treated it, and named him Defoe. Now he loves my dog way more than he loves me. By the way, when I took the cat, I was offered a new job with a salary twice as big as my previous one. © Ward № 6 / Vk
How did you meet your pets? Maybe you have your own moving stories that could easily beat ours? Share them with us!
Preview photo credit © Ward №6 / vk