15+ People Who Found Their Old Photos and Got Hit by a Wave of Nostalgia
Many of us don’t want to revisit our childhood and teenage photos. Some people feel ashamed of that weird hairstyle they rocked at 12, while others want to forget about the clothes their mom made them put on in elementary school; and then there are those who feel a bit embarrassed about their first experiments with makeup. But there are plenty of people who don’t hide such photos from their past and bravely post them online for all the world to see.
It’s these girls and boys who have become the characters of a new Bright Side compilation.
1. “Bless my dad for capturing this historic moment.”
2. “1989... I cut my own bangs for picture day.”
3. “The photographer said, ’Shoulders back and head forward,’ and I delivered.”
4. “I spent fourth grade cosplaying as Jimmy Neutron with that helmet of hair. I’m a girl, by the way.”
5. “I could never replicate the volume my hair had after seventh-grade gym class.”
6. “It’s not a phase, Mom!”
7. “My 2003 high school senior picture!”
8. “The year was 1990 — spiral perms and shoulder pads.”
9. “1995, age 10 — I loved that dress and turtleneck combo and wore it everywhere. My mom cut my hair with a Flowbee at home.”
10. “Hi, my name is Jacob, and when I was a kid, I didn’t have to look both ways before crossing the street.”
11. “This is how my now-wife and I went to prom. No regrets, 2008.”
12. “I call this look ‘Christian granny goth,’ and it was pretty bold for a 12-year-old in 1995.”
13. “At 15, I thought if I shaved my eyebrows off it would be easier to make them symmetrical. For this heinous act, I am sorry.”
14. “My friends and me before a Disturbed concert in 2006 — we’re so cool posing in front of my mom and the van.”
15. “I was 100% done with life at the age of 4.”
16. “I just got traumatized while looking for a picture on my father’s Facebook page. No, I was not a 40-year-old librarian, I was just an 11-year-old boy.”
17. “My now-husband and me, circa 2004, a year or 2 before we would meet”
Are there any photos in your old albums that could fit well into this article?