15+ People Whose Ship Is Unsinkable, No Matter How Bad the Storm Is
One lesson that we keep on forgetting is that life is made up of both good and bad moments. It can never be a straight line. When the good times come, cherish them, but when the bad times come don’t lose hope, breathe, smile, accept the cards you’ve been dealt with and just remember that the sun always comes after the rain.
Bright Side is all about keeping a positive attitude no matter the circumstances, and it looks like the following 19 photos show people who share our philosophy.
1. Today my wife is officially under 200 lbs and I was finally able to do a chin-up for the first time in my life.
2. I just stood without assistance for the first time since back surgery.
3. My son and his best friend were both told their survival rate would be around 2%. The photo on the right is from their graduation this evening.
4. When I was in college, the voices started in my head.
I lost my 20s with 3 psych ward lock-ups and the loss of 4 jobs. But I was lucky enough to find a good psychiatrist, who, with the right meds, saved my life. I’m 56 now. Have a great job... a wonderful family. You didn’t win this time, mental illness.
5. After 2 years of post-breakup depression, I smiled today. I just bought my first apartment.
6. Our first family photo after fighting infertility for a few years.
7. After 2 years of failing to make a real baby, last month we got these 2 fur babies. Tonight I found out I’m pregnant!
8. I lost 140 pounds. It was hard but I’m finally comfortable being myself these days.
9. Struggled with my weight for 10 years after babies. Down 54 lbs and I finally feel beautiful in my own skin!
10. My last pregnancy ended in a stillbirth. Now I’m pregnant again, and this is my son smiling.
11. I beat bulimia and lost 75 lbs in the process! I also became a personal trainer. And it’s been less than a year! Holy cow!
12. My mom upgraded my wheelchair with Captain America’s Shield.
13. Me and my twin brother survived being born premature and cancer. We are now 14, and we are happier than ever.
14. He won the battle against lung cancer. After a remarkable recovery, he’s now been cleared to workout.
15. This is me walking without any assistance.
16. Most long-sleeves are longer than my arms due to a disability, so I wore an appropriate sweater.
17. The best thing for a broken arm
18. My wife experienced a brain injury in an accident about 2 months ago. We thought we’d make the most of the situation! Zoinks!
19. I just had my (hopefully) last of 3 brain surgeries to deal with an aneurysm. I’m feeling a lot better now.
Did these people inspire you to keep a positive attitude during hard times? How do you cope with the bad moments in life? Share your thoughts in the comments below.