18 People That Found Something Unusual, and Had to Tell Everyone About It
Forrest Gump said, “My mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” The people from our article must’ve gotten the amazing chocolates because they saw something completely unexpected and took pictures to prove it.
We at Bright Side are convinced that if you want to see something amazing, you don’t have to go to different continents, climb mountains, or travel to caves. All you have to do is take a closer look at the things that are around you every day.
1. “This book nook my mother got on eBay”
2. “I was replacing a battery which was causing me issues, so I decided I might as well make the back of my phone transparent. I used razor blades and only lost half my sanity and some blood in the process. Worth it!”
3. “The town we vacationed in has red street lights as not to mess with the wildlife.”
This is so turtles hatching from eggs on the beach don’t confuse the street lights for the moon and are able to head straight for the ocean.
4. Wooden Lego toys
The Lego company actually made wooden toys before they transitioned to plastic bricks. Their warehouse burned down twice.
5. This picture looks as if it was made in space, but the photographer was flying by plane.
In order to take a picture of the Milky Way and the falling stars, Eric Wagner did a lot of work and took dozens of photos using long exposure.
6. “These sprinklers on the road near the ski resort I’m at in Japan keep the road from freezing over.”
7. “This is the mouse hole we put in the wall when we gutted our house. The light inside is motion activated and the wallpaper is vintage from a flea market in England.”
8. This background effect
On Reddit, there’s a heated discussion about whether this video is fake or not. Some users think that with this background, the battery won’t last 2 hours and modern phones can’t show such a detailed picture. What do you think?
9. This Edgar Allan Poe tales and poems collection kind of tells you what’s inside...
10. “Border Leicester sheep are messing with me! Just look at them! They’re not sheep, they’re some giant rabbits!”
11. Just an average winter day in Decorah, Iowa
12. What you get when you don’t cook pancakes on the stove but use a rice cooker instead
13. “5,000 meters up in Peru overlooking one of the most beautiful views I’ve ever seen”
14. This chicken’s feathers
15. “My city (HK) puts miniature models of rooms in the ground as bricks.”
16. Colorful mushrooms
17. This is what bees create when you let them.
18. This is The Great Salt Lake in Utah. A causeway separates the lake into 2 sections that get their colors from the unique bacteria that live on each side.
Have you ever seen things that amazed you? Share your stories in the comment section below! Let the world know about them!
Preview photo credit 7concussionssofar / reddit