19 Things That Cost Pennies but Look As If They’re Worth a Fortune
Some people prefer to only buy their clothes in brand name stores but others don’t mind going to thrift stores. And the latter often manage to buy something exclusive for pennies.
The people from this Bright Side compilation managed to buy some cool things from thrift stores and they were really happy that they got them.
1. “Found a $1,200 Louise Vuitton bag for $7.”
- LV never allows its logo to go under stitching or seams. All patterns and logos are identical across the entire bag. It’s a nice fake, but a fake nonetheless. The stitching is also the wrong color. LV uses a resin on the threads and it makes it a honey yellow, not the bright yellow yours is. © PahTayTur / Reddit
2. “Didn’t buy and now regret it”
3. “The most perfect dress I’ve ever seen, $6”
4. “Found these for $2.99.”
- So many comments saying they’re fake. Even if they are, still a gorgeous pair of shoes for $3!!!! © mermarq / Reddit
5. “Found these hardly worn Doc Martens for $3.69.”
6. “I was looking for a dress to go to my friend’s wedding. Found a perfect one for just $7.99.”
7. “Had an absolutely terrible day but turned it around when I got this Kate Spade tote for $9.99.”
8. “Found the perfect vampire dress for my Halloween costume for $15.”
9. Vintage Gucci scarf
10. Woolen sweater for $7.99
11. “Went to the thrift store for a new winter coat and walked out with this Friitala shearling beauty for under $20.”
“Internet recon says they’re upwards of $1,500 new! Has some minor wear but nothing too wild.”
12. “Scored this $5, in perfect condition, handbag that is still for sale on their website!”
- I’m simply amazed at some of the things that are donated or discarded. It’s crazy to me! If I spent $225 for a bag you can bet that I would use it forever. © cleverso / Reddit
13. “Most successful Goodwill haul! Dress: Kate Spade $5 Shoes: Michael Kors $10 Not pictured: my $2 black satin evening clutch”
14. “Presenting Matisse leather booties from Brazil. Retails $215, purchased for $27”
15. “Finally got around to hanging my thrifted scarf collection! Got a mix of wool, silk, and twill.”
“The second one from the left is an Hermès one I got for $2.99.”
16. “My most recent thrifted piece. Paid $4.”
17. “Haven’t gone thrifting in months... Scored this 3.1 Philip Lim handbag yesterday for $11!”
18. “Found my dream thrift! A vintage Penny Lane coat for $12! Over the moon right now”
19. “When I found these boots my first thought was about how strange they are. Then I googled the brand... They are $1,290.”
Have you ever bought a really cool thing for pennies?
Got some cool photos or stories and want to be featured on Bright Side? Send them all right HERE and right now. Meanwhile, we’re waiting!