23 Teachers Whose Professional Skills Are Beyond Awesome
How can a modern teacher keep their audience’s attention if their students are constantly using their phones during class and aren’t really eager to hit the books? It seems that teachers have to figure out how to amaze, surprise, and inspire students with any means possible, including extraordinary artistic skills, risky experiments, a friendly attitude, and support.
Internet users love to share stories about their favorite teachers online, and Bright Side feels a little bit envious, but proud of them for their talents and bold approach toward teaching.
23. “My Professor duct tapes her own mouth shut during presentations so she doesn’t interrupt, distract, or intimidate the presenters.”
22. This elementary school teacher came up with a unique secret handshake for every student.
21. “In our class, everyone who is done with their task can go to a room with video games and play.”
20. “We found 5 abandoned kittens running around the school grounds, and my teacher caught one. This is how our class is being taught.”
19. “Being both the art and literacy teacher means I can incorporate the book we’re reading into our art project. And of course, we just had to make Harry Potter themed bookmarks!”
18. A retired teacher turned his truck into a library to encourage reading.
17. This geography teacher didn’t have a map, so he drew one by himself.
16. “My teacher has a robot to help him.”
15. “At least my chemistry teacher has a sense of humor!”
14. “My professor always comments on my back-of-quiz doodles and it’s very pure.”
13. “Yesterday, my English teacher asked what my hobbies were. I said I didn’t have any and that I’d love to do stuff with microscopes but I couldn’t afford one. Today, he gave me this box.”
12. “My math teacher gave me extra credit on my test for the doodle on the back.”
11. “My art teacher from grade school painted her door over the summer.”
10. “Every Friday during school, one of my substitute teachers dresses up in a banana costume and sings a song about going bananas because it’s Friday.”
9. This Taiwanese teacher has incredible chalk drawing skills.
8. “My mom is the cutest art teacher ever!! She made a dress and had every one of her students draw one thing on the dress for her to wear. This was her at her student’s art show tonight. I’m sobbing.”
7. This teacher didn’t have a laser pointer but it was someone’s birthday so she just used the knife for the cake.
6. “My teacher nailed his student’s phone to the wall for using it in class 20 years ago. It’s still there to this day.”
5. “Our chemistry teacher made the classroom ceiling really cool.”
4. This Japanese teacher is an expert at chalkboard art.
3. A teacher from Texas cleaned garbage from around the school by himself to teach his students that they should care about the things around them.
2. When the arts and crafts teacher is ready to provide an illustrative example:
1. “My teacher buys and hangs up a flag for each country her students are from.”
Bonus: Even the greatest teachers need to take some time and relax once in a while.
Do you remember a teacher who left a mark on your life? Share your stories with us in the comments!
Preview photo credit Lemonykitten / Reddit