26 Photos That Can Make Our Hearts Skip a Beat
While our fears are generally genetic, they are connected to human survival and can actually cause us a lot of harm by playing tricks on our minds and distorting reality. Studies show that the best way to deal with phobias is to face them head-on in a safe environment. We think this collection of startling photos is a great way to start overcoming our worst fears.
Bright Side encourages you to sit back, take a deep breath, and enjoy viewing these incredibly unsettling images.
1. A sea of eyes
2. Just when you thought the mall was safe...
3. You know it's time to move when...
4. Just a lady out for a sunset stroll on the roof
5. It's okay, we'll just take the bus home from work today.
6. The notification on the security app said, "Your doorbell detected a visitor."
7. Just what you'd expect to see in an old, abandoned sanitarium.
8. At least we know we're not alone in the forest.
9. We'll grab the next wave.
10. Always look where you're walking.
11. Don't think we'll be picking up this hitchhiker any time soon.
12. Maybe we should head back to the shore.
13. "Could I have another straw, please?"
14. Ok, these crows are definitely plotting something.
15. Hey, can we get down from here?
16. Oh, how nice! Some friends are visiting a boy at the hospital.
17. Imagine the boat rocking gently side to side.
18. Do you know what lives in your walls?
19. "Hello! Won't you come inside?"
20. Could someone else open the curtains today, please?
21. This reminds us to dust the house more regularly.
22. Here's something you don't want to see before liftoff:
23. Why would anyone build a snowman like this?
24. Time to build a higher fence!
25. No thanks, we don't need any secondhand goods today.
26. Is there any place safe from spiders?
Which of these photos freaked you out the most? Let us know in the comments.