16 Times Disney Fans Found Easter Eggs in Their Favorite Movies
There are movies that, no matter how many times we watch them, are always enjoyable. Disney movies are an example of this. We watch them from an early age and even into adulthood, and we never stop singing their songs or paying attention to details. They are more complex than they seem at first glance. That’s why, sometimes, when we watch them again, we discover things we hadn’t noticed before.
At Bright Side, we never cease to be amazed by the eagle eye that some viewers have, so we made this compilation of 16 facts that maybe you also overlooked the first time you watched these movies.
1. “In Encanto, the multicolored water is inspired by a real place in Colombia... the Caño Cristales River. This is commonly called the ’River of 5 Colors’ or the ’Liquid Rainbow’ and it is known for its striking shades of color.”
2. “In Lilo and Stitch (2002) you can see a postcard of the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida.”
3. “In Mulan (1998), the main character touches her hair a lot because the animators noticed that the actress who voiced the character, Ming-Na Wen, did the same thing while recording. So they added this wink to the warrior.”
4. “In Soul (2020), a statue in the Hall of Memories resembles the famous Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse sculpture found at Disneyland in California.”
5. “In Coco (2017), Miguel’s dog, Dante, is named after the horse of his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz, in one of his famous films.”
6. “In Encanto (2021), when Abuela asks for music and Agustín plays the piano, the beginning of En Barranquilla Me Quedo, a famous salsa song by Colombian musician Joe Arroyo, can be heard.”
7. “In Ratatouille (2007), Colette rides a ’Calahan’ brand motorcycle. This is a reference to Sharon Calahan, the film’s director of photography.”
8. “I found Goofy and Mickey in The Little Mermaid (1989)”
9. “Chicha, from The Emperor’s New Groove (2000), is the first pregnant woman to appear in a Disney animated film, according to the DVD commentary.”
10. “The Incredibles (2004) includes an appearance by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston, 2 legendary animators who worked on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937).”
11. " I found Toy Story’s ball in Luca (2021)"
12. “In Pinocchio (1940), Figaro has a small sandbox next to his bed that is only visible in one scene.”
13. “Frozen (2013) features accurate Norse runes.”
“Disney consulted with Jackson Crawford, a leading international expert on Old Norse. He made several minor changes to the plot and trained voice actor Robert Pine, who played the bishop in the coronation scene and delivered a speech in the Norse language.”
14. “In Encanto (2021), in the song We Don’t Talk About Bruno, the umbrellas are the colors of the Colombian flag. The yellow ones are even a different size to reflect the wider stripe of this color on the flag.”
15. “In Big Hero 6 (2014), in the scene where Hiro and Baymax are at the police station, the desk of the sergeant they are talking to has pictures of Ester, the animal control officer, and Bolt, the dog, from the movie Bolt (2008).”
16. “In Inside Out (2015), the letters on the cards shown in Riley’s ’Imagination Land’ include her family, they don’t have the typical faces. Her father is the king, her mother the queen, and she has an R for Riley.”
What other movie details have you noticed? Which Disney film have you watched the most?