30+ Photos Showing What Actually Happens on Hollywood Movie Sets
While the green screens and lots of Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) in movies require actors to be pretty imaginative, viewers would love to be able to see how things work behind the scenes. It is a lot of fun to look at the places where the landscapes were actually added in post-production, check out the weird costumes, and find out about the tricks makeup artists use.
We at Bright Side really love to learn about what happens behind the scenes of our favorite films and TV series, so we’ve done some research to see the sets at the times when the cameras weren’t rolling. And at the end of the article, there is a bonus proving that movie magic can happen pretty much anywhere.
31. Look at this scene from Avengers: Infinity War from Josh Brolin’s point of view.
30. Idris Elba and his stunt double on the set of The Dark Tower
29. Gal Gadot captioned this photo from the set of Wonder Woman, “Girls and their beauty routines.”
28. Zoe Saldana preparing for the role of Gamora in The Avengers
27. Sean Gunn is one of the actors that portrayed Rocket in Guardians of the Galaxy.
26. This stunt double helped Melissa Benoist with her stunts in Supergirl.
25. Odette Annable is learning to fly for Supergirl.
24. Brie Larson also had to learn to fly for her part in Captain Marvel.
23. David Ramsey and Stephen Amell are in the water on the set of Arrow.
22. Karen Gillan had a hard time keeping warm in her costume on the set of Jumanji.
21. It seems that Karen Gillan was not as cold when she portrayed Nebula.
20. At the end of the day, Nebula’s face looked like this:
19. Henry Cavill preparing for his role in The Witcher
18. And this is The Witcher with the horse that portrays Roach in season 2.
17. The Outlander cast is watching a live sporting event between takes.
16. Evangeline Lilly on the last day of the shooting of Ant-Man and The Wasp
15. Benedict Cumberbatch preparing for his role in The Avengers
14. Michael Mando, Better Call Saul, “In the next episode Nacho, Jimmy, & Blingy sign up for the Regional Curling Championships.”
13. Little Women and lots of French fries
12. Emilia Clarke on the set of Game of Thrones: “Jason Momoa, you’re making my hair blue.”
11. Rory McCann and Vladimir Furdik from Game of Thrones
10. This is what Jar Jar Binks looked like on the set of Star Wars
9. Star Wars: Darth Maul and his umbrella
8. Beast from X-Men is drawing when he’s not busy.
7. The set for Doctor Who is made of a container.
6. The rehearsal during the shooting of Dracula
5. The photo from the set of 2020 Dolittle
4. A cool selfie by Tom Holland
3. Spider-Man Tom Holland, “Loving my new set chair. Thanks guys!”
2. The Pokémon Detective Pikachu set photos remind us that actors need to have a very good imagination.
1. Emma Watson on the set of Beauty and the Beast
Bonus: Thanks to the best makeup artists in Hollywood, Jason Momoa tried on a totally new look for the Super Bowl promo.
Which of these movie set photos inspired you the most? Tell us in the comment section below!