15 Touching Stories That Prove We Don’t Deserve Our Grandmothers
Although sometimes it seems that we have nothing in common with the older generation, most of us have the warmest childhood memories connected to our grandmothers. Their doors were always open for us, and their tables were usually full of homemade cakes and other delicacies. And we are ready to forgive them for any of the confusing situations they sometimes get into due to their age.
At Bright Side, we are sure that we should take care of our grandmothers because they are often our biggest support. And in the bonus section, you’ll find a fact that proves every visit to a grandmother ends up in the same way.
1. “I told my grandma I liked her shoes so she went out and got me a matching pair. I am crying!”
2. “When I was a little kid I was obsessed with SpongeBob SquarePants, so my cool grandma wove this rug for me.”
3. “I left my pajamas at home but my grandma said she had something I could wear and then she brought back this.”
4. “My daughter gave tablemats to her grandmother. This is what I saw when went for a visit.”
“In answer to my silent question, she said, “The mats are so beautiful! I made my own so I wouldn’t get them dirty!”
5. “My cat met my grandma for the first time. This was within 10 seconds of her sitting down.”
6. “We were finally able to bring our grandma home to stay with us and she brought all her ’loot’ from the nursing home.”
7. “My grandma made a cross-stitch from a photo of me circa 1987.”
8. “I enter the room and see that my son tries to scratch something in his notepad with a pen. Seeing terror in my eyes, my grandma says, ’Don’t worry, this pen doesn’t write anymore. I’ll throw it away afterward.’”
“This is the pen. It’s from a graphic tablet.”
9. “Grandma went hard on last year’s Christmas present.”
10. “Everyone’s grandma has a bowl of these for no reason.”
11. “My girlfriend’s grandma thought the iPad was a cutting board.”
12. “My grandma’s car, ladies and gentlemen!”
13. “I told my grandma I was hungry and 20 minutes later...”
14. “My grandma put Build-a-Bear shoes on my daughter, thinking the shoes were hers. I can’t stop laughing.”
15. “My wife’s grandma likes to buy us snacks whenever she goes to the store so we asked her for some sour cream and onion chips. We were amused by what she came back with.”
Bonus: “A short story about grandmothers”
Do you have any funny stories involving your grandmother? Tell us in the comments below.