16 People Who Dared to Quit the Job They Didn’t Like and Hit the Jackpot
Unfortunately, not all of us do things we love, so it’s great to see when people dare to leave a job they don’t like to follow their dreams. Former office workers and sales assistants become jewelers and photographers, and some start painting or carving wood.
At Bright Side, we’re inspired by the idea that you can just start living the way you want. In this article, you’ll see people who have already made this step.
“I quit my office job in the US, sold my stuff, and moved to Thailand. Best decision ever. My new backyard looks like this.”
“7 months ago, I quit my supermarket job to become a jeweler, and I’m entirely self-taught. Yesterday, I finished my most complicated work yet.”
“It’s been 3 months since I quit the day job for art. I carved these by hand. The whole set probably took 150 hours.”
From a nursery teacher to a stylist
- I used to work in a nursery. When parents would pick up their children, they were always surprised by their complex hairdos. 6 months later, I quit to find myself. Now I’m a renowned stylist in my city, I do wedding and evening hairdos, and my schedule is full 2-3 months ahead. I want to thank all my little models without whom this would have never happened. © Unknown author / Podslushano
“It took me a year to save some money and quit my job. Now I’m an artist and it somehow worked.”
“I’m almost 40, and I used to be a front-end web developer. It was a good job, but the endless full days at the computer really started to get me down. I quit my job 4 years ago to take pretty pictures like this.”
“I’ve spent 4 years designing this board game and just quit my engineering job to go all in.”
It’s never too late to learn something new.
- I slept through school growing up and worked my whole life in a factory, picking up 50-pound bags all day. Then I quit and entered college. If I can do it, so can you. © slowjunk111 / Reddit
“I decided to quit my job and travel the world to take photos — here’s my #101 favorite photo.”
“I quit my job a year ago and started flipping motorcycles, it’s become a real passion for me.”
Changing professions is really scary but also exciting.
- I’ll be 30 next month. I worked in management and law almost all my life, but I long wanted to try myself in the culinary arts. My friends and family advised me against it, so I listened to them and was scared to make this step. And then I realized that every morning of mine started with cursing and nervous breakdowns. Tomorrow is my last working day. Suddenly my CV (I’m applying for the position of a cook) became quite popular, despite my lack of experience. I decided to join a small restaurant where they are ready to hire me. Since childhood, I dreamt of wearing the uniform of a law officer, but it didn’t work out. It really brought me down. So why not try the uniform of a cook? © Riful / Pikabu
“I quit my corporate job and sold my startup. Now I’m launching my first-ever board game.”
“The joy shoots out from her face! My wife was able to quit her job to pursue a homemade soap business.”
Making the decision within one day
- It seemed like an ordinary day, but in the morning, I decided that it was time to change my life. I quit my job, sold my apartment to a real estate agency for cheap, bought new slippers, a bag, and a ticket to Thailand. Now I’m sitting and waiting for my flight. My prestigious work and stability are behind me, and ahead, only the unknown. But I’m truly happy for the first time in 26 years. © Unknown author / Podslushano
“I quit my job to pursue my dream of reviewing cars. My channel already has 25 reviews.”
A world tour instead of an office
- I quit my prestigious job, sold everything of worth that I had, and went on a trip around the world. After 2 months, I have 8 African countries behind me. Just 6 months ago, I would’ve laughed if someone told me I would be writing this post while in Mozambique. Dreams do come true! All you need to do is take a step toward them. Don’t panic, don’t be scared, and follow the call of your heart. And I think that I found my true love. © Unknown author / Podslushano
Do you like your job? What is it that would make you quit your job and start all over? Tell us in the comments below.