20 Actors Whose Transformations in Movies Were So Terrific We Couldn’t Believe Our Eyes
No matter how talented an actor is, certain roles require a little push from the hair and make-up department. With the right wig, mask, or bodysuit some characters can really come alive on screen. But, sometimes the transformation is so huge, you don’t realize who the actor is or what they actually look like.
Bright Side put together a collection of photos of some of the best and most surprising makeup and prosthetics work on screen. Be ready to be amazed!
1. Meryl Streep as The Rabbi in the mini-series Angels in America (2003)
2. Tilda Swinton as Lutz Ebersdorf in Suspiria (2018)
3. Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill in Darkest Hour (2017)
4. Helena Bonham Carter as Ari in Planet of the Apes (2001)
5. Neil Patrick Harris as Count Olaf in the Netflix original A Series of Unfortunate Events (2017)
6. Cate Blanchett as Bob Dylan in I’m Not There (2007)
7. Joey King as Gypsy Rose Blanchard in the series The Act (2019)
8. Eric Stoltz as Roy L. “Rocky” Dennis in Mask (1985)
9. Doug Jones as the Amphibian Man in The Shape of Water (2017)
10. Carice van Houten as Melisandre in the Game of Thrones series (2011)
11. John Leguizamo as Clown in Spawn (1997)
12. Eddie Murphy as Saul in Coming to America (1988)
13. Glenn Close’s cameo in Hook (1991)
14. Anthony Hopkins as Alfred Hitchcock in Hitchcock (2012)
15. Eric Bana as Captain Nero in Star Trek (2009)
16. Tom Cruise as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder (2008)
17. David Gyasi as Agreus Astrayon in the Amazon series Carnival Row (2019)
18. Glenn Close as Albert Nobbs in Albert Nobbs (2011)
19. Johnny Depp as Guy Lapointe in Tusk (2014)
20. Halle Berry as Dr. Ovid in Cloud Atlas (2012)
Which transformation was your favorite? Do you know of any others that also deserve recognition? Come talk to us in the comments!