10 Women Who Played Men So Brilliantly Even the Most Cynical Critics Clapped Enthusiastically
These female celebs took on male roles and nailed them like queens. The makeovers made all of us gasp in astonishment and disbelief. Well, frankly speaking, some didn’t even notice that these male roles were actually played by women — their acting was so great. We picked the best 10 cross-gender performances to prove talent knows no boundaries.
1. Meryl Streep in Angels in America
2. Tilda Swinton in Suspiria
3. Cate Blanchett in I’m Not There
4. Whoopi Goldberg in The Associate
5. Glenn Close in Albert Nobbs
6. Hilary Swank in Boys Don’t Cry
7. Sara Snook in Predestination
8. Angelina Jolie in Salt
9. Linda Hunt in The Year of Living Dangerously
10. Taylor Swift in the music video The Man
We have some more articles about the world of celebrities for you. Check them out below:
- 13 Androgynous Celebrities That It’s Hard to Not Look At — these celebs challenge traditional gender norms and prove beauty comes in all shapes and sizes.
- What 16 Celebrities Who Don’t Fit Into Hollywood’s Beauty Standards Looked Like in Their Youth — take a trip down memory lane with some of Hollywood’s most unconventional stars.