12 Products Your Body Will Be Craving During Your Period
Yes, your period doesn’t have to be filled with pain and discomfort that regular painkillers can’t take away. There are products out there that are not being promoted as much, but can offer double relief. That’s why we took it upon ourselves to help you as much as possible and try to make that time of the month a bit more bearable.
1. Menstrual pain relief caplets that are ideal for treating bloating, headaches, cramps and other period-related symptoms. They are caffeine and aspirin free and diminish bloating due to their diuretic properties.
4.7 stars out of 5
These caplets feature 3 active ingredients to alleviate multiple symptoms of PMS. They can even help with backache, irritability and muscle pain. They first tackle the bloating, then they crush the cramps and last improve your mood.
Benefits: Many customers have said that this product works right away, and they don’t have to suffer for too long. The caplets make them feel better very quickly.
Flaws: Some people haven’t noticed any improvement with symptoms like headaches and cramps. But they do notice that their bloating is going away.
- No woman should suffer menstrual pain and it is not funny. I get period cramps so bad to where I may faint or have to sit down for a while. Every time I’m on my time of month, I take pain pills right away whenever I feel the cramps coming. Do not ever let someone compare their pain to yours because everyone handles it differently.
I got these pills because Tylenol just was not working anymore. I exercise 5–7 days a week for 2 hours and had a very late period which resulted in the most painful cramps I have ever endured, and I got these pain pills for an emergency. The pain pills work very well! I got both types. @Christina
2. A portable and cordless heating pad with 3 different heating levels and vibration modes. It takes only 3 seconds for the pad to heat up. You can turn on the heating and massage modes at the same time, and it automatically shuts down after 10 minutes as a safety precaution.
4.2 stars out of 5
After you’ve fully charged this pad, you can keep using it for 2–5 hours. You can wear this while sleeping, working, cooking or even when you’re out with friends. The fabric of the pad is very soft and breathable and won’t irritate your skin while wearing it.
Benefits: It can fit all types of waists due to its adjustable waistband. Most people are very happy with how little visible the belt is under their clothes.
Flaws: Some people have noticed that the battery life isn’t as expected. Also, for some people the belt felt a bit too small.
- Where has this been all my life!? I’m one who suffers from extreme pain from cramps and digestive problems. THIS HELPS SO MUCH!
I rotate with my heating bag and this! The vibration and heat are amazing! Plus I can walk around with this! Definitely a need! @Diamond
3. Absorbent period underwear made from soft, breathable material that can also help during pregnancy and postpartum. They are made primarily by bamboo, and they offer full coverage while being super elastic and silky smooth.
4.3 stars out of 5
While the padding inside protects from leaks, you can wear additional padding or tampons for better safety. If your flow isn’t very heavy, you can wear them without anything additional and then just rinse them or put them in the washer.
Benefits: Women seem to be very happy with how secure these underwear are and how great of a protection they offer against leaks. They also don’t get a funky smell.
Flaws: Not everyone has managed to use these underwear without any additional padding.
- I’m 5’2″, weigh 160 lbs, I’m curvy and the size 7 (large) fits me perfectly. I had initially purchased a size 8 because some reviewers said to size up, however, they were too big. They’re very soft and so comfortable that I forget I’m wearing period underwear. They felt just a tiny bit tight around my thighs when I first put them on but stretched out perfectly within about 10–15 minutes of wearing them. I have a very heavy flow and usually have to change pads every couple of hours.
I was able to work all day in these with zero leaks. They also don’t leak while I’m sleeping. I handwash them with a little detergent and hang them to dry. They’re usually dry within 10–12 hours, which is longer than regular underwear and that’s because they’re made to absorb moisture. I’ve also machine-washed them and put them in the dryer and haven’t had any issues with shrinking. They also don’t have any odor at all. I’m very happy with these. @NatyG
4. A waterproof bed pad to protect you from accidental drops and spills. It is washable and has an 8-cup absorbency capacity. It can cover a big portion of your bed and has a non-slip bottom side to make sure it will stay stable.
4.8 stars out of 5
Even after washing it multiple times, the waterproof properties of the pad remain intact. It is advised to wash the pad in cold water with neutral detergent and dry them in low temperature. You shouldn’t iron it or dry-clean it.
Benefits: According to buyers, this pad doesn’t wrinkle or bunch up after many washes. Also, it can be comfortably put on a car seat without any leakages.
Flaws: Some people weren’t happy with the level of waterproof protection they offer. They feel that the pads could be thicker and sturdier.
- I purchased these pads for my mom to use, instead of the disposable plastic-backed ones that wrinkle and stick to the skin. She has Alzheimer’s and occasionally has a mishap overnight. These are more comfortable to her, they don’t wrinkle up like the disposable ones, and they’re washable!
They wash up wonderfully! I also add a 1/2 cup of white vinegar as a stain remover, antibacterial cleaner and fabric softener. I toss the pad in with the towels and so far they have come out spotless and like new! You can dry in a dryer, just no heat. I just hang it up in the shower or outside to dry, so I can go ahead and dry the towels. I definitely, definitely recommend! @Sue from North Carolina
5. PMS relief gummies that help alleviate cramps, mood swings, hot flashes and night sweats. They also help prevent skin breakouts and reduce breast tenderness. They contain vitamin B6, which helps regulate hormones and promotes a regular cycle.
4.2 stars out of 5
Dong Quai is a naturally found PMS supplement that relaxes the uterine muscles. It also does wonders for women during menopause. The gummies include cranberry, which is known to avert night sweats and hot flashes.
Benefits: Many women have reported that their cycle started being regular again after taking the gummies. They also notice that their mood swings are more manageable.
Flaws: In some case, women didn’t notice any improvement with breakouts. In one case, a woman noticed gain weight after started taking the gummies.
- These vitamins are awesome! I was going to try a pricier brand, but I decided to shop around first. Fortunately, I ran across this brand. I was a little reluctant, but I’m happy that I tried them.
I’ve been taking the gummies for two months. So far, I’m not seeing any drastic changes in my menstruation, but it is helping with my breakouts. My skin does seem a lot calmer than before. I’m happy with the product. I can’t wait to see what it does 6 months from now! @Tierra B.
6. A menstrual cup sterilizer and steamer that gets rid of 99% of germs. You can wash your cup in just 3 minutes. The machine has an automatic shut off function for safety. The company will offer a full refund to anyone who isn’t satisfied with the product.
4.7 stars out of 5
The button can only be pushed once per cleaning cycle. If the button doesn’t push, you might want to add water, plug it in and let run until the button pops out. This machine is just the perfect product to replace washing your cuts in the kitchen.
Benefits: Most buyers are amazed by how quick and easy it is to use. The product also needs very little water to do its job. The customer service of the company is also impeccable.
Flaws: Someone noticed that the steamer doesn’t get the little red-ish hue off of the menstrual cup after washing it.
- The packaging was simple and cute. Easy to assemble with thorough instructions. I set up the steamer and put in the 5ml of water into the base. I put my pixie cup on the platform and within seconds my cup was being steamed. I set my timer for 13 minutes and walked away. The steamer itself is small, lightweight, and compact. It is quiet and makes almost no noise.
My timer went off, and my cup was damp. Pixie is thoughtful, so I used the lint free wipe included to dry it and put it back in the bag; sparkling clean. The steamer needed a quick dry which took under ten seconds and could be stored. I wanted to see if I could steam my other brand cups. Multiple brands and sizes fit inside of the steamer with no problem. They all came out fresh, clean, and sterilized. @Dan O’
7. Shower steamers for combining your daily showers with aromatherapy. These bombs smell like eucalyptus and are there to provide calmness, while lifting your mood. You do not have to submerge them in water, but place them next to the active steam.
4.8 stars out of 5
The tablets dissolve on their own and last for longer than most bombs. They are free of SLS and parabens and are plastic neutral. They make for the perfect gift for any woman or person who likes to elevate their shower experience.
Benefits: The cubes last longer than your shower will, and you can use the leftover bomb and reuse it the next time. For better scent, people advise splashing a few drops of water on the cubes.
Flaws: You might not want to touch the cubes when they are wet if your skin get irritated easily.
- I tried these last night and absolutely LOVED the way they smelled and made my shower feel! I did have to make sure to splash water on them (as unstructured) to release the scent, but once I did, they were so potent and incredible! I have allergies and this REALLY helped to clear my sinuses.
I also imagine these will last quite a long time. I took about a 20-minute shower, and they had barely melted down, so I put the tablet back in the bag to re-use for my next shower. This definitely makes it seem like a good value! @Melissa
8. Disposable period underwear that are leakproof and come in S/M size. They offer a 360o coverage and don’t make you feel worried about accidental spills. You don’t need to add any extra padding inside, and they can hold the same flow as 5 thin pads.
4.6 stars out of 5
The pads feel like regular underwear and are very soft on your skin. Apart from the S/M size, they also come in L/XL. Each order of these pads comes in two packages with each including 7 pads.
Benefits: Most women who’ve tried it have said that these are very comfortable to wear and protect from leaks. They also make women feeling dry.
Flaws: For some people they don’t feel very comfortable and gives them the idea that they are wearing them the wrong way.
- This is one of the best things to happen to me, a heavy bleeder. For context, I have to change the cup within an hour and soak up a super tampon in 30 minutes. I only need 2 of these on heavy days, especially for work, and I don’t have to worry about bleeding through it for hours.
The color also makes it cute enough to wear around significant other, under dresses, scrubs, yoga pants, etc., and it doesn’t have that diaper look or really panty lines which is weirdly amazing. One order lasts me two periods. @G
9. An electric steaming seat that helps women balance their pH and keep the odor in their private parts pleasant. The seat also helps with cramps. The herbal blends included with the seat are rosebuds Petals, lavender flowers, chamomile flowers, calendula flowers, basil and rosemary.
4.4 stars out of 5
The seat steamer has 5 different settings that can accommodate all women’s different needs. It is advised to use the steamer for a minimum of 15 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes. The product also helps with itching and postpartum recovery.
Benefits: Most women who’ve used it say that this seat is indeed very relaxing and easy to use. It also boils the water for you, and it is small enough to store after using it.
Flaws: Some people have noticed that while using the steamer, the button gets stuck and they can’t change the temperature.
- I’ve never used a Yoni steamer but have wanted one for some time now. The pot is not too big or hard to operate. The set came with a cushion seat and a pack of herbs. When sitting it’s like sitting on a small stool. The cushion isn’t very thick, but it’s comfortable. After opening the box you take the components out of the inside of the steamer by twisting the top off. To use it you place the silver drain in the metal bowl, add water, put herbs in the satchel and add it to the water.
Next, securely replace the top, plug it into a power outlet, turn it on by holding the button down for three seconds. The setting will be on a five, leave it for several minutes to heat the water. You will need to reduce the power to a level two or three before sitting. You can hear the water heating up at the highest setting and see some steam.
I didn’t feel much at a level one or two but was able to at a three. Not knowing what to expect, I didn’t feel much steam, but sat for a while to get the best benefit. I did feel like I was releasing moisture down there, but I guess it was actually the steam. The herbs smell amazing. The steamer was easy to use. @She’s an Amazonian
10. A fabric stain remover that gets rid of a variety of stains, including oil, paint, wine and blood. The product doesn’t contain bleach and can tackle even very old stains. If your washing machine didn’t remove something, this product might be able to do it.
4.4 stars out of 5
All you need to do is apply the natural stain remover to the affected area, agitate it and blot up. For many stains, they will be removed right on the spot. However, if something is more persistent just use the remover and wash it as you normally would for even better results.
Benefits: People seem to be amazed at how quickly and easily this product removes all kinds of stains, including rust, grass and grease.
Flaws: Some buyers think that it’s best not to use this on very delicate fabrics since it might cause damage.
- I don’t know what made me decide to add this to my cart, but I’m cleaning my house and I pulled a bag out of the closet that had stubborn stains and grease stains that I previously had been unable to remove. Besides the item that evidently had bleach spilled on it, this cleaner solved all of them!
I have so many shirts that I can wear again! And with the new baby, some of her messes took multiple washes unless I use this. I came back to write this review before buying this again in the 16 oz spray bottle. @Amber D
11. Reusable menstrual pads that are waterproof and made to handle heavy flow. Each package comes with 5 pads and also a bag for storing them. The colors are picked at random, so you might not get the ones you see on the photos.
4.5 stars out of 5
After using the pads, just separate the panty liner from the underwear. You can soak them in cold water and then use the pre-soaking function in your washing machine. You can then wash them in the machine in the cold cycle using a neutral detergent. You can even wash them by hands if you want to.
Benefits: According to users, the pads are very soft and comfortable to wear. They absorb blood very well and are great for heavy flow.
Flaws: The floral designs are not the prettiest and for some women they are not very comfortable to wear outside the house due to how bulky they are.
- Just received these, so this is my first impression. Look to be well-made, and I am happy with patterns. You will not get what’s shown because they are picked at random. I knew that when I bought them, and honestly I am glad I didn’t get what was shown because I didn’t want cupcakes and other kid-looking designs.
I am going to go wash and dry a few times and see how they look. If you have problems with absorbency, wash and dry 3–4 times. Do not use these right out of the package or after just one wash. This is my 3rd brand of reusable pads, and they all recommend washing and dry a few times before use to make them absorb better. Always without fabric softener! @susan caldwell
12. A 100% natural essential oil blend for menstrual relief and PMS symptoms. This product acts to relieve cramping, nausea, hot flashes and moodiness. To feel the properties of the oils, you can add a few drops on your lower back or abdominal area.
4.5 stars out of 5
These natural oils have been tested extensively, and the company has been awarded for the high quality of their products. They have created over 200 essential oils and each bottle is hand poured. Everything has been tested to make sure it is safe for the environment.
Benefits: The scent of these oil is not overpowering and only needs 4 drops in your diffuser. The oils can also be bought inside roller ball bottles, so you can apply them straight onto your skin.
Flaws: Some people have complained that the scent isn’t as strong as they expected.
- I love this oil. I have oily skin and can’t do coconut oil or other heavy oils. I have tried them all. This one is the only one that doesn’t break me out.
I usually do 2 pumps on moist hands and moist face. Leaves your skin nice and lush and moisturized and doesn’t make your face shine. Bought it for my mom who has dry skin and she also loved it. @lina
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post. Reviews may have been edited for length and clarity.