12 Unexpected but Fantastic Uses for Toothpaste You Never Knew Existed
We were amazed to learn that, far from simply helping to keep your teeth nice and clean, toothpaste is also an irreplaceable product which can be used for various tasks around the home. Some of these ideas might seem a little strange, but they work — try them yourselves!
- Faded silver items can once again be made to shine if you rub them with a small amount of toothpaste.
- With the help of toothpaste, you can get car headlights looking slick and clean. Modern toothpaste contains an abrasive material which works wonders for cleaning them.
- The keys on a piano can become dirty very fast due to constant contact with human fingers. Put a small amount of toothpaste on a wet cloth and carefully clean the keys — you’ll be surprised at how effectively it works!
- Footwear with white soles, such as Converse shoes, can easily be cleaned with toothpaste.
- If you cover the insides of swimming goggles in a very thin layer of toothpaste, then wash it off, they won’t get steamed up anymore when you’re swimming. I never would have guessed!
- You can get rid of stains on wooden surfaces in just a couple of minutes by wiping them with a little toothpaste. No need for harmful bleaching chemicals!
- Toothpaste is also great for getting rid of various kinds of stains on clothing, from lipstick on a shirt to spaghetti sauce on a tablecloth. Just cover the offending stain with a small amount of toothpaste, rub it in slightly, and leave for a small amount of time before washing it off. But remember that for colored clothing it’s best not to use whitening toothpaste.
- You can give taps their old shine back if you cover them in a little toothpaste and rub with a cloth. In fact, it works great on any chrome-plated surface.
- You can also use it to clean the bottom of an iron!
- The screen and back side of your smartphone can become scratched very quickly if you don’t cover them with a protective film. Put a little toothpaste on a cloth, then carefully rub it on any scratches. Remove any remaining toothpaste, and wipe the screen dry.
- Toothpaste can even clean your fingernails. Just cover them in a small amount, leave for a couple of minutes, and wash off with water.