15+ Things That Turned Out to Not Be What They Seemed
Surprise is the shortest emotion — lasting only a few seconds at most. No matter where we are from, when we are surprised, we make the same universal expression: our jaws drop, our eyebrows raise, and from time to time, a gasp can follow. Sometimes things can amaze us because they are totally different than what we imagined. The next people possess the superpower of turning a negative surprise into a positive one by laughing at it and we wanted you to join in on the fun.
Bright Side found people who showed us some really cool things that had us fooled at first until we found out the backstory and figured them out — will you?
1. “Thought I bought my GF a cute birthday card.”
2. “That time I thought I bought a full-size mirror...”
3. “We thought it was some cold cut specialty, turns out this is soap.”
4. “Always thought there was just an ugly scratch on my car (bought it used) but it was actually a Michael Jackson sticker.”
“The dealership thought it was a scratch too.”
5. “Needed to destroy my old credit card. Turns out it’s a piece of stainless steel with 2 stickers on it.”
6. “Bought a pack of birthday candles yesterday. Turns out it was a pack of birthbay candles.”
7. “I saw a remote next to my hotel room’s mirror, tested the power button and it turns out the mirror has a TV.”
8. “Thought my sister bought new makeup. Nope... just another cake she baked!”
9. “I got so freaked out this morning with my wife’s cooking. Turns out long beets can closely resemble rats.”
10. “Bought what I thought was a nice cable knit blanket. Turns out it was just a cable knit pattern printed onto a fleece blanket...”
11. “This was left on my car today. Went from being unreasonably excited to incredibly disappointed.”
12. “My friend bought me this pasta. I thought it was a bag of boiled sweets.”
13. “We have a family business. Mom thought she bought a map of the world for the conference room.”
14. “Bought a coloring book and pencils to keep myself busy while I’m off work. Thought these were full-size pencils.”
15. “I bought my wife a thermos in the shape of a camera lens. It always gives me a big scare when I see it like this.”
16. “Bought a giant keyboard.”
“Just kidding, bought a bunch of tiny hands.”
Which one of your friends do you think would enjoy a set of tiny hands? What would you choose between a soap bar that looks like bacon, but smells like strawberry and another soap that looks like a strawberry, but smells like bacon? Let us know in the comments, we’re counting the votes.
Got some cool photos or stories and want to be featured on Bright Side? Send them all right HERE and right now. Meanwhile, we’re waiting!