19 Objects Whose Well-Intentioned Design Still Made Us Raise Our Eyebrows
The appreciation of beauty in art is very subjective. What some people find truly beautiful, others may raise an eyebrow at and say: Are you serious? You’d hang that in your living room? In these differences lies the wonder of varied perspectives that people can have on the world around them. Well, as the saying goes: there’s no accounting for taste. That’s why people from all over the world decided to share designs that caught their attention because of their unusual appearance. You might love some and you might hate some, but you’ll have to admit that none of these designs failed to surprise you.
Bright Side compiled some of the designs that people posted on their social media because they thought they were well done but still look really out of the ordinary.
1. So, someone came in today asking for a type of heel that wouldn’t hurt their feet... This is where we sent the client...
2. Barbie would feel right at home.
3. Who needs a bottle opener?
4. The little birds in the backyard like this.
5. Probably the strangest thing about this image is not that it was painted on a toilet, but that 2 lions seemed to have pledged loyalty to a cockatoo queen. Long live the cockatoo 👑!!
6. Only for true hockey fans, the rest of you stay away!
7. “Found at my local flea market.”
8. “Munich City Center, someone decided to knit a bike, and its chain too!”
9. Tires will now know a new life as a piece of furniture. It’s certainly ecological, but we’re not really loving it.
10. If for whatever reason you do not have a Christmas tree, you can use these as a last resort. We can’t guarantee your kids will be too happy about it though.
11. “Apartment hunting when... pebble river”
12. “Who says crown molding is overdone?”
13. “Giant gummy bear made of solid Velveeta cheese”
14. Aaaah yes... the lovely city of Toot Rno where we don’t take naps.
15. “Cheese flavored keys I just designed / resin printed”
16. “American pool table”
17. “This bowl looks like it’s perpetually dirty.”
18. “Took me WAY too long to buzz the apartment I wanted...”
19. Somebody decided it was a good idea to make a mix of Robert Jeffrey “Bobby” Hill, from King of the Hill, with Sailor Moon.
What is the name of your favorite piece of art? What adjustments would you make to it to give it your personal touch? Are you into kitsch art? Share pics of your favorite objects that you think others might find super-special to own.