19 Situations That Awakened a Sweet Childhood Nostalgia in Us
Over time, many things that were once commonplace may become obsolete, yet they can still hold a special place in our hearts as a reminder of happy memories. Even simple things like outdated fashion trends, old family heirlooms like sewing machines, or phones with physical keypads can evoke a strong sense of sweet childhood nostalgia and transport us back to a time when life was simpler and more carefree.
1. So many in one! A Brownie uniform, a Cabbage Patch Kid, and that familiar couch...
- An eraser that looks and smells like a very fake strawberry. @zazzlekdazzle / Reddit
3. That feeling of betrayal when you found sewing stuff in one of these.
- That feeling of limitless freedom on the first day of summer vacation. That feeling of dreaded anticipation on the last day of summer vacation. @_my_poor_brain_ / Reddit
5. “Polly Pocket. Ordered it off of ebay and cried when I saw it because the nostalgia hit so hard.”
- That noise when picking up the phone when someone was surfing the web. @OhAces / Reddit
7. This was precious to you.
- The TV Guide channel. You had to sit through and watch as the channels slowly went by so we could see what was on. It blew when you got distracted by the infomercial in the corner and then realized you barely just missed what you were waiting for, so you had to wait for it to start all over. @Groundbreaking_Oil_7 / Reddit
- Light Bright. I barely remember it myself, but you’d take a charcoal-black board and poke different colored pegs through it. You plug it into an electrical outlet, and all the pegs light up, creating whatever shape you made in lights. @90sTrapperKeeper / Reddit
10. The TV cabinet with the glass doors you needed to push open to reach the VCR
- You knew it was gonna be a good day when you walked into PE class and saw that huge colorful parachute. @brunettemountainlion / Reddit
12. You watched 3D movies with these bad boys.
- Ripping handfuls of grass at recess and putting them on your friend. @boo_boo_technician / Reddit
14. All the shows that made you laugh during your childhood
- Watching Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood... There was something so special about the intro where he would sing Won’t You Be My Neighbor while he changed his jacket and shoes. I loved every second of it, and would watch in utter content and fascination each time as if I’d never before seen him zip his cardigan up and back down to the right spot and change his shoes with the little toss of a shoe from one hand to the other. @Avendaishar / Reddit
16. Somebody in your family used to hog the house phone.
- Somewhere between blowing on some cartridges and pressing the cartridge down and up in the NES to get it to play. @autovices / Reddit
18. The desperation to have these and the hugs you gave your parents for the treat
- That feeling when you are going as high as you can go on the swings. Power? Freedom? Hard to describe. @zazzlekdazzle / Reddit