Martha Stewart, 81, Shares Incredibly Youthful Selfies and Reveals Her 6 Rules for Ageless Skin
Being in your eighties doesn’t have to mean that you’ll lose your glow and good looks, and Martha Stewart is the best example to this. The 81-year-old businesswoman, writer, and TV personality has recently shared a series of natural selfies while she was at the hairdresser. And her radiant skin certainly didn’t leave anyone indifferent.
She’s proud of her impeccable glow.
While getting her hair washed at the hair salon, Stewart took the chance to share a few close-ups of her face with her 1.7 million Instagram followers.
She proudly flaunted her perfect complexion and wrote, ’’My skin looks great in all of them.’’ Stewart also noted, ’’Un filtered. No facelift,’’ insisting that her stunning selfies are totally natural. She credited her glow further to ’’great exercise’’ as well as ’’amazing facials for the last 40 years!’’
Her healthy lifestyle is key.
Stewart insists that getting older doesn’t mean that we have to lead a more passive lifestyle. On the contrary, she explained that she keeps her body moving and maintains her ’’healthy lifestyle," and this is why she still looks so young and fabulous.
’’I try to go to pilates as many times a week as I possibly can." The businesswoman noted. ’’I’m not going to start living badly just because I’m getting older. Once you’ve lived well, you always should live well."
Stewart’s 6 ultimate skin care tips.
Aside from decades of a healthy diet and rigorous exercise, Stewart follows these 6 simple yet effective rules to maintain her illuminated, porcelain-like skin.
- First, she never goes to sleep without removing all her makeup. Stewart had once explained, “The one thing I insist on is a clean face.”
- She also washes her face with baby oil, especially when she has a lot of makeup on after a TV show.
- The business mogul also makes sure she has a face mask on every morning. Stewart explained that she usually wakes up at 5 a.m. and leaves the mask on for about an hour. She also added, ’’I use any kind of mask I have lying around...’’
- Stewart eats well and drinks her green juice every day. She once shared, “My green juice is really special to me. I think it’s the secret of good skin, it’s the secret of good, healthy hair.”
- She stays out of the sun and insists on using her sunblock every single day. She explained, ’’I mix it with my foundation or whatever I’m putting on."
- Stewart tries to keep facial treatments to a minimum. She has never had a face peel and she only gets injectables twice a year. She also insists that she has never gone under the knife. Stewart shared, ’’People are always saying that I had a facelift. I have never had surgery.’’
Do you agree that we don’t have to lose our glow as we age? Do you have any health secrets or lifestyle tips that you strictly follow?