You’ll Have No Reason to Put Off Your Makeover Any Longer With These 8 Cosmetic Gems
The Vikings had their own idea of the makeover routine. Women painted their faces with red pigment for marriage ceremonies and when welcoming a new family member. Men painted their faces blue for different heroic adventures. They usually used some natural materials, like charcoal, berries, and crushed minerals. As for the hair, women preferred beautifully comfortable knots and braids, and men wore long fringes and short hair on the back of their heads combined with very well-groomed beards.
In today’s world, Viking hairstyles are still widely popular, as are other things that have become more of a creative form of self-expression than a tribute to traditional ways. Let’s check out the most clever ideas that lots of people have already tried and loved.
1. This hair dye wax is easy to apply, creates great coloring and styling, and is washed off without any trouble.
A safe and fun way to color your hair!
How to use:
- Clean and dry your hair, but keep it a little wet.
- Take a good amount of wax onto the palm and use your fingers to apply the product, pulling the hairs together.
- Repeat several times.
- You can also apply it just to a section of hair for highlights.
- The product is not messy.
- It is temporary (great for people looking for this exact effect).
- Works great on curly hair.
- Works great on very dark hair.
- Doesn’t damage your hair like permanent coloring.
- For temporary use (not great for people who prefer permanent coloring).
- May work weird on synthetic hair or wigs.
Exactly what I was looking for, takes a few applications to get to the desired color, and it washes out pretty easily. — JG
Received this product and tried it for the 1st time on my black natural hair. I have to say it turned out pretty darn good. Now I have seen YouTube videos saying to add water while applying after shampoo/conditioning and air drying. I applied it to my dry hair, combed it through, and let it set.
It was not messy. It washed right off my hands. I laid down later and took a nap, and it did not transfer to my clothes or my pillow. And applying wasn’t messy either. I love the color and was tired of putting color chemicals on my hair; this turned out great! I’m about to order the red 😊. — Dot TJ
2. Create a silk-like sensation in your hair with this antioxidant-rich Moroccan oil treatment.
This product will boost the shine and smooth over the rough spots. Contains argan oil and linseed extract. Comes in different handy sizes for home and travel.
- It can help keep your hair straight.
- Makes the perfect seal for curls at the same time.
- Will keep you from losing your hair due to the breakage from heat styling.
- It is not greasy or heavy.
- A bit pricey, but well worth it.
My sister bought this, and her hair is so soft and shiny. Might have to get one myself. 👀 - Crystal
My over-processed, dry hair now has a beautiful, healthy shine and body. Soft, dry ends disappeared the first time I washed, shampooed, put a few drops of this oil on the ends, and blew my shoulder-length hair dry using a round brush. My hair stays nice-looking for days. Just use a few drops on your wet hair, which looks nicer with each treatment. — artist
3. Refresh your hair with this semi-permanent luxury color wash.
This plant-based product is crafted to create, refresh, and maintain bright and juicy hair color. The product is vegan and cruelty-free.
- Extremely effective
- Great color palette
- Works from the 1st time.
- Can be drying if used too often.
I’ve had this product before, and it definitely works after the first use. If you want that bold bright color, continue to use it for about 3 or 4 washes. I love how it pops my already ginger hair, it really compliments my light skin 😊 - Kat Bowers
4. Easiest curl maintenance with this frizz-control moisture mousse.
This mousse will be a game-changer for everyone who struggles with frizz and unruly curls. A nice blend of coconut and neem oils, silk protein, and shea butter will make your curly hair a dream. The product is also cruelty-free.
- The product leaves your hair smooth and not crunchy.
- Moisturizers the hair.
- The product is very lightweight and makes your hair very soft and shiny.
- Has a nice scent.
- It is not the most long-lasting product.
I have hated my hair for so long because of how thick it is, but mostly because of how it’s both wavy and curly. I always wanted to keep my hair wavy and have fewer curls. I’ve tried several methods to keep it less curly, but my mind always plays tricks on me after a shower because just when I think the curls are controlled, throughout the day I could feel my hair curling up and instantly mess up my style.
I finally gave in and went to look for a product and followed the instructions, and I have never been happier — no more tied-up curls! This has literally made my day. — Oscar
Combined with a blow-dryer, it helps me keep my definition longer and doesn’t weigh down my curls. — Kelsey
5. Here is a nice and simple way to renew your roots: a touch-up mascara!
You can use this product between root coloring to always look fresh. It has a nice color palette, so you can find the perfect match for your hair color.
- The product covers grays very well.
- Can be messy.
- The product is a bit slow to dry.
I’m not looking for complete coverage because I’m 100% gray! Love the easy use of this product. Great medium coverage to take off some of the starkness of my roots until I get my hair done. Loved it so much, bought some for my mom! — Maggie The Red
I’ve been looking for something like this for YEARS! Things I love about this product:
1. The color is amazing & natural.
2. It provides excellent coverage & instantly blends in to cover those awful stupid little gray hairs that pop up before you want to have to recolor your entire head of hair again.
3. The applicator brush is HUGE!! And it makes it so easy to apply the product, unlike others I’ve tried in the past that were the size of your mascara brush.
4. Dries quickly & doesn’t run if you get sweaty — & the color holds until your next shampoo.
The value for the price leaves me speechless. Lifetime customer here — don’t get anything else! I’ve already got my bff hooked on it too! — kebmc
6. This can be your “new favorite styling tool”! Whether you need the beachy waves look or simple tight curls, this ceramic rotating styler is a must.
This product will help you to re-vamp your hair game with ease! You can use adjustable temperature settings and a selection of preset temperatures for each hair texture. The ceramic heat technology will also benefit your hair with a far less negative impact on it.
- Fun and easy to use.
- Much easier than a regular curling iron.
- Nice price
- Takes a little practice.
- May not be suitable for very short hair.
First of all, I rarely, if ever, write reviews for anything. Second of all, people who aren’t happy with the Chi Spin n’ Curl are probably either not using it correctly, their hair is too long, or they are trying to curl too many strands at a time. The safety setting is understandably sensitive because Chi does not want customers to get their hair jammed in there, let alone hurt, and then their company gets sued!
After reading the directions carefully and practicing twice, I was able to curl my entire head of VERY thick, collarbone-length, layered hair FLAWLESSLY. I have NEVER enjoyed curling/styling my hair so much in my entire life. This tool is not only easy, effective, and quick, but it is also FUN to use!! No burning your scalp, face, or neck either!!
I want to buy this as a gift for my mom and sister; I love it that much. Invest in a good heat protectant spray and make sure your hair is fully blow-dried before you use it, or it won’t hold the curls well, either. Hope you enjoy this amazing tool as much as I do! — Singer11
My new fav hair tool. Curls last for days! — Laura Lovely
7. Add some sparkle and color to your hair with these shiny hair extensions!
They are made of high-quality polyester fiber and can last several weeks, through washing, drying, and ironing. Come in a variety of different colors.
- A fun way to add some color.
- It is easy to use.
- There is a good amount of the product for the price.
- Although the process of attaching is easy, there is a learning curve.
We put these in a few days ago and my daughter is OBSESSED. She gets compliments everywhere she goes. She went swimming with them, and they held up well. We mixed pink and blue for a custom look. She wanted them a little chunky looking, so I added multiple strands to each bead, a little messy, but with patience and practice, it was easy enough.
The great thing is, they don’t have to be installed perfectly, they will look beautiful even if you don’t line each strand up exactly the same in the bead. If I dropped them, I just picked them up and tried again. Took me about an hour to do a full row, with SOME previous extension knowledge. & if you have trouble, there are tons of easy-to-find helpful instructional videos online. — Our Family of 6
8. This temporary hair color wax will make any day a good hair day!
It contains natural ingredients: beeswax, Brazilian palm wax, and plant extracts. Causes no scalp irritation. A pack includes 4 colors. Safe and easy to use!
- Works on dark hair.
- Good coverage
- Can make hair a bit hard.
This is a really good product for temporary hair color. I don’t understand some of the bad reviews. I have jet-black hair, and it colored just fine. The consistency is just fine too, I liked that it’s thick, it makes it easy to color your hair that way.
I used a paintbrush, and it made it much easier to create streaks. I also mixed glitter that is safe for hair with the product, and it created a beautiful effect. I used an artist’s pallet and a brush to do this. It was great because the glitter stayed put and didn’t get all over the place. This wax has a pearl sheen to it, which looks really nice. I liked the scent as well.
If you need it to dry quicker, simply use a hair dryer on a low setting. It dries fast that way. Your hair is stiff afterward, much like it would be if you used a lot of gel. I didn’t mind this, because I have kinda unruly hair that’s very long, and it helped it stay in place. I highly recommend it. Never mind the bad reviews, it’s fun to use and a great item. — Heather Harrington
Create an unforgettable look that turns heads using one or several of these products, and don’t forget to have fun in the process! After all, all beauty products are supposed to help you unlock your inner glow.
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post. Reviews could have been edited for length and clarity.