15+ Gadgets That Will Make Your Kitchen Routine Enjoyable
Whether you’re an expert cook or have just started spending more time in the kitchen, having the right gadgets can make a huge difference. You can save time and energy and have cleaner counters, even right after preparing a meal. We delved into the world of chefs and cooks and discovered kitchen products that will not only make cooking a more enjoyable experience for you, but will also not break the bank.
18. If you love corn, but you don’t like the idea of spending much time peeling it, this corn peeler can come in handy. With this simple but efficient tool, there’ll be no mess in the kitchen, and no corn kernels will be wasted! The ergonomic handle will also help you grip the tool securely.
The tool can peel off several rows of corn kernels at a time, which makes the whole process much faster. Plus, all kernels are kept in a special container, so your working space will stay clean and organized.
17. A lid organizer that’ll save you lots of time and frustration when looking for the correct one in your Narnia cupboards. All those clutter-creating pieces of various shapes and sized will be neatly kept in one place. The organizer fits in standard upper cabinets or deep drawers.
It looks like organizing things isn’t our top priority, even though about 86% of people say having their house in order creates a pleasant feeling of well-being. Turns out we spend around 5,000 hours searching for missing things around the house. And, yeah, we get stressed and anxious when we can’t find what we’re looking for. That’s why you can start with small steps right away and get an easy solution to a major cupboard problem.
Promising review: Fantastic idea. I have rummaged around in a low cupboard for years looking for the correct lid for the plastic box being used. They are now in complete order and can be found in seconds. I have quite a lot of lids, but all those less than 9″ fit into the medium unit. I have just put leftover bolognese in a box and had no trouble finding the lid. @sue
16. A rolling pin that will take the guesswork out of preparing your favorite cookie dough, pizza bases, and muffins. It comes with 4 sets of adjustable discs that raise the rolling surface to the ideal height and help you get an even thickness + “Mmmm, tastes good!” from your family.
Take a look at the masterpieces you can create with this rolling pin:
I used it to roll my cookie dough, and it was just great. I like that you can adjust the thickness. Perfect cookie thickness! Love, love the quality as well. Great product! @Lucy
Love this thing. Makes my cookies nice and even effortless. Tip. Because I am lazy, and I like minimal cleanup, I roll my dough between two pieces of freezer paper. Makes cleaning the roll a breeze, as well as putting my dough in the fridge to chill before cutting shapes. @lili u
Great product. Pictures are of cookies I made using this rolling pin! Perfect thickness! @Rachel
15. With this box organizer, you can say goodbye to unruly pile-ups. It’ll help you maximize vertical space and store foil, wrap, and freezer & food bags in a dedicated (and tidy!) place. It fits most box sizes — even large family-sized ones — as you can simply adjust the space between the shelves.
By the way, it’s also great for your under-the-sink space in the bathroom. You can store any extra toothpaste tubes and soaps in there.
Promising review: Finally, a place for everything and everything in its place. I use it for plastic wrap, parchment paper, along with sandwich Ziploc bags, and aluminum foil. All fit in this organizer. Keeps cupboard nice and tidy. No time wasted to find what you need. A bit pricey, but well-made, and no time to assemble. Happy with this purchase. @Irene D.
14. An angry mom that will clean your microwave in minutes. Comes with another mom that will keep your fridge fresh and odor-free.
To get the angry mom to do her job, add vinegar and water and microwave for 7 minutes. Mama’s head will let off hot steam that dissolves any dirt and stains from your microwave. Wipe with a clean cloth and enjoy.
If your target is the fridge, here comes another mom. Fill her with baking soda and ket her do the wonders.
Promising review: So if you are like me, you bought this because it just seemed easy and goofy! Sure enough, upon arrival, I ran it through its paces. first as a microwave cleaner, then as a refrigerator deodorizer. I have to say that the simplicity of microwave cleaning is to die for. Once I had run it for the predetermined amount of time, all I had to do was take a towel and dry off the walls of the microwave. The refrigerator was tougher to use because I have a smaller fridge than most (cabinet depth fridge). The ad makes them seem pretty small, but in reality, they are the size of a large bottle of ketchup. I don’t generally have an odor problem, but once I put it in the fridge, everything smelled far more neutral than before.
For those of you who just want a simple clean and a simple deodorize, these are for you! @Jeff T Putnam
13. A sink cleaning brush that will put an end to wasting money on plumber bills. Catch the hair and other gross dirt by yourself. It’s so effective that you’ll wonder if it’s time to start your own cleaning business. Pro-tip: Try not to look at what you’re pulling out of those endless holes if you’ve just had your dinner. PLUS, it’s a perfect solution for those who don’t like using chemicals.
Since it’s easier to prevent the problem, here are some hacks that will help you keep long hair out of your drain:
- Brush your hair before showering. This will help remove all the loose strands that have the highest chance of getting stuck in your sewer.
- Install a hair catcher. This small gadget works wonders at reducing the amount of gunk and debris making its way down your sink.
- Pour some boiling water into the drain once a month. It’ll help loosen any hair or grime stuck inside before the problem becomes a catastrophe.
Promising review: I’m a woman. I hate getting my hands dirty, and I’m a Whole Foods person who avoids chemicals at all costs. A week ago, our sink started acting up, and the day before yesterday, it wouldn’t drain at all. Upon reading these reviews, I thought I’d give this gadget a try before resorting to chemicals. The night before, I poured a cup of baking soda into the drain and into the overflow hole. I then poured in a bottle of vinegar. I used a funnel to pour vinegar into the overflow hole. A huge amount of brown water and gunk came bubbling up from the main sinkhole, and it fizzed and bubbled all night. This partially did the trick. The vinegar and baking soda loosened the clog. Today, I took this drain brush and pushed it in and out of the sink drain, and A LOT of gunk came out. This immediately fixed the issue. It was disgusting, it smelled like sewage, and at one point, it erupted like a volcano, luckily missing my face, or I would have been in tears. Anyway, despite the mess, this absolutely did the trick and took about ten minutes. Took me longer to disinfect the sink and everything that flew out of it. I then used it for the bath, even though it was working fine, and it pulled up a HUGE amount of hair. Probably months’ and months’ worth. I then tossed the brush in the rubbish because it was so gross. There was no way I wanted that lying around my house in storage. I cleaned two drains in 20 minutes. I’m happy! Definitely recommend. Probably much easier for men to use as it takes some force, but it is woman-friendly too! @R London
12. A set of containers to keep vegetables and fruit fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and create less waste. Use the big container for larger vegetables like broccoli, spinach, Batavia lettuce, parsley, or carrots; the middle-sized container for tomatoes, lemons, oranges, or avocados; and the small one for cherries, raspberries, strawberries, or grapes. It’ll also help you avoid clutter and organize your fridge like a pro.
Here are a couple of hacks for you:
- You can adjust the vents on the lids for air circulation: close the air vents to store vegetables; keep air vents opened to store fruits.
- Use the containers as colanders to drain the salads or fruit after you wash them. In addition, you can open the drainage valve at the bottom.
- You can also use them as salad boxes, cereal cans, or snack boxes.
Promising review: I love these so much. It really makes a difference to the freshness of your fruits and veggies. It’s a bit pricey, but I did order another set bc they are great to have. I grow my own veggies, and the crispiness of the salads is amazing! @Sigrid
11. A herb keeper that will extend the life of fresh greenery for up to 10 extra days and ensure none of it dies or goes to waste the second you put it in the fridge. It comes with 3 dividers, so you can store different herbs. PLUS, it features a slide-and-close lid that prevents herbs from getting knocked and damaged.
The idea of herb savers is pretty simple. They resemble covered vases — while holding the stems in water, they keep the stalks and leaves neatly contained and protected.
By the way, this keeper comes with an indicator that will signal you that it’s time to refill it.
Promising review: I am really happy with it. I have had mint, parsley, and basil before just in their pots, and they have never lasted so long. I have had them for more than a month now, and they keep growing new leaves. I really recommend it for those who like always having fresh herbs in their kitchens. @Elena Bueno Ruiz
10. A decorating pen that is ideal for perfecting your latte art. You can draw cute figures for your family members and friends or even leave them heartwarming messages.
The pen can be used not only for painting on coffee but also for various patterns on any food. All you have to do is just fill the pen with cocoa or cinnamon powder, press the button, and draw.
9. A bag sealer that will re-close any snack bag you won’t finish in one go. It’s a must-have if you want to avoid waste and mold growth and strive to keep your food fresh and tasty. It’ll also save you a fortune on food, which usually dries out quickly.
Forget those bag clips forever (to be honest, we’re pretty sure they still let some air in). This sealer comes with a little surprise. It’s actually a 2-in-1 gadget: It comes with a razor blade at the bottom for opening snack bags and boxes.
Promising review: It’s simple to use and does not take up much storage space. Does the job in seconds. So far so good, been sealing all bags I could find. Wasn’t sure why there needed to be a built-in knife, but now I realize the idea. Happy with the purchase, hope it lasts. @Lesley
8. A taco holder that will help you shine on Taco Tuesdays. With this set, you can forget about messy tacos, lost toppings, and dirty salsa hands. The curved design will keep tacos upright while you fill them with fresh sauce, meat, and veggies.
As it turns out, tacos can be pretty expensive. There is a resort that sells them for a whopping $25,000. WHY? Well, maybe that’s because they’re infused with gold. Our advice? Stick with the tacos you make using these holders. You’ll get tacos that are much cheaper and probably just as tasty! By the way, you can also use this holder for propping up sandwiches, burritos, hot dogs, and even lettuce wraps.
Promising review: We finally invested in these taco holders, and they’re great. You can have 2 or 3 tacos in the stand at a time, depending on which way up you put it. We’ve used them with both soft and hard tacos. It makes loading your tacos a lot easier and less messy, and after you’ve finished eating, they go in the dishwasher, so no complaints from me. 100% recommend. @Geraint Jones
7. An egg separator that will please those who enjoy anything that makes their kitchen work easier. You’ll be able to do this task quickly and without leaving any white around the yolk. And it’s also so adorable!
If you’re wondering why on Earth you have to separate yolks from whites as instructed in the recipe, you should know that each part of the egg is ideal for different tasks. If you want your cake to rise adequately, beat the whites only. Also, egg whites help dry or crisp foods, while yolks add moisture. Yolks also aid in the mixing and thickening of ingredients, as well as the creation of smooth, rich textures.
If you’re concerned about your cholesterol levels, you may also want to kick yolks from your diet. That’s because cholesterol is only found in the yolk.
Promising review: Super easy to use. Ridiculously easy to clean. Does exactly what it’s supposed to do. Looks like a daisy when a yolk is in the middle, bringing a little extra happiness to your cooking experience. My teen children all love it. I bet younger children learning how to help in the kitchen would love it too! @KBirnley
6. A cat-shaped rice mold will make any parent happy. We bet your kids (and your entire family) will get a great appetite once they see it. You can combine the molds and create different cat expressions.
Tip: Use seaweed to create cat eyes, ears, nose, whiskers, and mouth. Make sure that it’s crispy and dry.
For an ideal cut, place seaweed over a stove for a few seconds to make it even crispier, then place the seaweed onto the silicon sheet, put the seaweed cutter over it, and press.
Promising review: Very cute, if a little messy. The kids love it, they ask for rice at every meal, now I’m getting sick of the taste of rice, lol. @Kat
5. This smiley pancake pan can be used to cook a quick, delicious breakfast or afternoon coffee snack. You can use it at family gatherings, birthday parties, and even Christmas. PLUS, it’ll surely bring some fun to your kids and make them more willing to eat.
- 100 g muffin powder
- 50 g eggs
- 50 g milk
- 5 g vegetable oil
- 30 g water
Mix the eggs, milk, water, and oil evenly. Sift in the muffin powder and mix well. Pour the batter into the pan and fry over a medium or small fire. Watch the batter. You’ll see dense, small bubbles appearing on it. As the batter heats up, the bubbles will gradually expand and burst. This means that the crust is almost cooked and can be turned over.
Promising review: This is an excellent, easy-to-use frying pan that makes cooking pancakes a cinch. The smiley faces are a little creepy, but my kids seem to enjoy them. The utensils that are provided are good quality as well. Furthermore, it is easy to clean and great value for money. @Dan
4. A presser that will make garlic mincing an easy-peasy task, even for people with a weak grip or wrist discomfort. And your hands will no longer be sticky and smelly.
By the way, you may want to put a garlic clove under your pillow. Check out the wonderful secrets it hides. For example, it might:
- Help you get rid of a stuffy nose
- Boost your immune system
- Repel insects
- Help you sleep better
Promising review: Really pleased with this product. I have some arthritis in my hands. I find the clamp-type crushers uncomfortable to use and require a large amount of force, which eventually leads to the crusher breaking. This one has a large, comfortable handle. It does require pressure to use, but it is a downward force, which I find easier. It could be seen as fiddly to clean, but the little brush works well at clearing any blocked holes. I would recommend this to a friend. @Linda22
3. A citrus sprayer that will get fresh juice from limes, lemons, oranges, and grapefruits with no effort! You’ll no longer have to slice or squeeze fruits creating a mess to flavor your drinks or season your salads, seafood, or other food with a light mist of fresh citrus.
The set includes 2 sprayers. Use the longer one for larger fruits like oranges and grapefruits and the shorter one for smaller fruit, like limes and tangerines.
Here is a small hack: Gently roll the fruit to soften it. It’ll help release its juices more effectively.
Promising review: Seemed unbelievable... but you simply screw it into your lemon and start spraying!
Needs a wiggle and a tighten every now and then — but the fine mist of citrus keeps on coming. @Andrzej Banja
2. A cupcake scoop that will help you measure the same amount of batter each time to ensure the perfect portion. You can use it while making cupcakes, chocolates, and pancakes for dessert time with your family. This scoop will also reduce the chance of spilling or splattering the butter when it’s being poured into the mold.
How to use it:
- Scoop the batter.
- Slide the button to push it out and put it into the mold.
1. The slow process of stirring food is definitely not for everyone. To make your life easier, use an automatic stirrer. This portable smart gadget will free your hands and help you prepare dishes with the perfect consistency.
Make the perfect sauce hands-free! Dishes that require constant stirring will no longer drive you crazy. It’ll look like you waved a magic wand! This is the best kitchen find for those who love complex recipes. Simply put it into the bowl, turn it on, and let it do all the work. You can be sure that nothing will burn!
Promising review: Love this thing. It makes soup SO easy! I got it for my husband... thought it looked like a cool gadget but wasn’t sure how much he would actually use it. He uses it ALL the time. He is an ex-chef and cooks constantly, and uses this thing every time he makes soups, sauces, etc. Frees up his hands for chopping and other things. Durable, easy to use, highly recommended! @jess24
What is your favorite kitchen tool you have at home?
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.