5 Exercises With a Water Bottle That Can Help You Get Back in Shape
Our body is the only home we live in 24/7 and the one we can’t leave. But work and household chores often make us forget to get up and put some love into it. This low-maintenance workout using only a bottle of water can help you engage all the muscles on your body, and the best thing is, it won’t take up a lot of your time.
Fill up 2 bottles of water and get ready because we at Bright Side prepared a full-body workout for you that will get your blood flowing.
Exercise 1 — Kickback and extension
- Stand still on your left leg in an upright position while keeping your right leg bent (foot off the floor).
- Grab a bottle filled with water in each hand, bend your arms, and position them on either side of your chest.
- Slightly lean forward and extend the right leg and both hands behind you.
- Do 12 reps with each leg.
Note: Make sure to maintain a straight back while doing this exercise.
Exercise 2 — Squeezing the bottle
- Put a bottle between your legs, directly under your crotch.
- Place your feet as close to each other as possible.
- Squeeze the bottle by using your inner thighs.
- Keep squeezing the bottle and add a pelvic movement: tighten your stomach muscles, move your back from a straight to a rounded position and back, pulling the pelvis forward.
- Next, put the bottle right between the crotch and the knees and squeeze the bottle with your thighs.
- After that, put the bottle between the knees and squeeze it.
- Do this exercise for 5 minutes at every level.
Note: While performing this exercise, there’s no need to add unnecessary intensity. Perform the exercise gradually and slowly. The wider the bottle is, the better the results.
Exercise 3 — Wood chop lunge
- From a standing posture, with elbows slightly bent, hold a bottle of water in both hands over the right shoulder.
- Take a long step forward with your left leg.
- Bend both knees and lower into a lunge position.
- At the same time, lower the bottle across your body to the outside of your left leg.
- Go back to the starting position and bring the bottle back to be above the right shoulder.
- Repeat this move 12 times on each side.
Note: Avoid performing this exercise quickly. Throughout this move, stay upright in the torso area.
Exercise 4 — Seated lateral raise with leg extension
- Sit on a chair with your back straight.
- Hold a water bottle in each hand and place your arms at your sides.
- At the same time, lift the bottles to below shoulder height and extend your left leg in front of you, lifting the thigh off the seat too.
- Lower the bottles to your sides and bend the left knee while keeping the thigh off the seat.
- Start by doing 10 reps on each side.
Note: To add a thigh challenge, try to keep your knee straight for 3 seconds when extending the leg.
Exercise 5 — Abs
- Sit on the floor, grab a bottle of water, and hold it with both hands.
- Lean back with your torso and lift your legs off the floor.
- Start shifting the bottle from one side of your body to the other.
- Do this exercise for 1 minute.
Note: Keep your calves parallel to the ground and make sure you form a “V” shape area between your waist and thighs.
Do you have a go-to exercise that helps you stay in shape? How often do you exercise? Are you going to try these exercises?
Got some cool photos or stories and want to be featured on Bright Side? Send them all right HERE and right now. Meanwhile, we’re waiting!