14 Household Essentials That Are Truly Lifesavers
At first glance, household essentials might not look like life-saving tools, but if you don’t have them, you might be in for a rough time. For example, you have to endure the annoying sounds of moving chairs in the kitchen and food stains during cooking. Things that will improve your daily life have been chosen by us for you! Just scroll down and take a look.
1. To avoid having your sneakers be thrown all over the washing machine, you need this mesh bag. You can also use it for delicate laundry.
- Attaches to most front-loading machine doors with Velcro straps.
- Holds shoes and clothes in place with a sturdy zipper.
- Size: 40.64 cm x 38.1 cm (15″ x 16″)
We’ve been using this for several months now with no issues. We use it for shoes as well as anything with Velcro that might tear up other things in the dryer. We sometimes put the toddler’s overalls in there too, just so we don’t have to endure the banging sounds. @ Edith
2. You need this candle, so you always have a pleasant smell in your home, even if you have a beloved pet. It is non-toxic and created specifically to free you from any pet odor.
- Made of 100% natural soy wax.
- Burning time up to 60 hours.
- Available in a variety of scents.
This candle is a lifesaver right now! I just welcomed a new foster puppy into my home that is still potty training, and I have an 80-pound lab that loves to swim. I love these guys, not their smells. Burning this candle helps with all of the above! @ Jordan
3. Your plants at home won’t tell you this, but they’re sure to be “happy” with this feed!
- Will provide uninterrupted feeding for 2 months.
- Easily insert these plant food sticks into the compost.
- It comes with as many as 48 of these sticks.
I used this product for my houseplants. I loved how easy it was to use, and after a few days I could see my plants looking better after a feed. I would buy this again. @ Kind Dog
4. To prevent your floor from being damaged by chairs and to avoid unpleasant sounds, these chair socks will save you the trouble!
- They are easy to install and stretch and fit most furniture leg shapes.
- There are 24 pieces in the set.
- You can choose the color to match your furniture.
These little beauties arrived today! My chairs have socks! I have tried everything to stop that scraping sound. These are just perfect: excellent fit and color, great value for money, and excellent quick service! Thank you! @ Lisa
5. This slim cabinet will hold a roll of toilet paper and hide the other rolls and household products inside to eliminate clutter in the bathroom.
- Comes with mounts and instructions for easy assembly.
- Size: 20×18×79 cm (7.8″ x 7″ x 31″)
- Weight: 4.2 kg.
Love it, easy to put together, seems well-made. Storage inside is enough for 2 toilet rolls, 2 bottles of bleach, and a spray bottle. Highly recommend. @ Lowri jones
6. This cute bear will extend the shelf life of brown sugar and other products that need to be kept at a specific moisture level for a very long time. Just put it inside the jar.
- Also suitable for: salt, crackers, spices, and dried fruit.
- It is even capable of returning moisture to already-dried sugar.
- Made of terracotta.
The terracotta brown bear has been the best solution for softening my brown sugar. Only immerse it in water for 15 minutes, take it out, and put it in your brown sugar bag. The next day, your sugar is soft like it used to be. I am planning to buy more for my friends. @ Pat
7. Free up space in the bathroom or laundry room! These laundry bags can be hung on the door!
- It has zippers on the back side at the bottom for easier access to clothes.
- Comes with 2 regular hooks and with suction cups.
- Its capacity is as much as 100 liters.
I like that it hangs on the door and has a big enough hole to put clothes and towels in. Keeps my floor looking cleaner and allows me to actually step on the floor instead of clothes. :) The zippered bottom is genius, as it’s easy to slip a hamper, box, or tub under it and then unzip the bottom to release the dirty laundry. @ Lea D.
8. This heat-resistant kitchen utensil pad is a must-have for anyone who has a kitchen! No more messy countertops!
- You can put 4 items in it during cooking.
- It’s silicone, so it won’t slip.
- You can wash it in the machine.
Ideal product. Holds multiple utensils, including large ones. Good size drip area, so everything stays on the drip pad, which is great when you’ve got multiple pans on the go. Easy to clean even after it has dried on. @ Emma
9. You won’t have cold coffee and tea anymore. This warmer will keep your beverage at the right temperature for as long as you need it.
- Has 3 temperature settings.
- It has an auto shut-off function.
- Also has a waterproof surface, so you don’t have to worry about accidental spills.
I’m one of these people who forgets about their cups of tea while I’m working and ends up having to make another cup because it’s gone cold, so I thought this would be a good idea. It kept my tea good for ages, which was fab. I also thought I’d try it with a bowl of soup in a ceramic bowl, and it worked perfectly to keep the soup nice and hot without it getting cold. @ Emz
10. This holder is genius for 2 reasons. First, it will hold even the hottest hair straightener safely, and second, it will catch on any surface because it is silicone.
- Can resist temperatures up to 500°F.
- Clings to any clean, smooth surface.
- Weighs only 260 g.
I can’t believe how well this works. It really does grip, with the weight of any straighter, wand, or waver (I have them all!). I have the straightener right where I need it. It can’t move on the dressing table if you knock the cord, and you have more space to work. It looks and feels high quality. @ Julie
11. This heated kitty will keep your hand warm this winter while working at the computer.
- It has a non-slip bottom.
- It works via USB.
- Has 3 heating modes.
This little cat hand warmer mouse pad is not only SUPER cute, but it is perfectly effective! Plus, it has a USB port, and that’s all. It begins to feel warm in a matter of minutes and stays comfortably warm until you’re done and unplug it to turn it off.
The body is also a wonderfully comfortable resting place for your wrist, providing the perfect amount of support. I have had this through 2 winters now, and it’s still keeping my fingers nice and warm! I have NO regrets about my purchase. :) @ AZxlgLady
12. This spinning shelf needs to be in your kitchen and bathroom cabinets to keep them tidy and allow you easy access to things!
- Has 3 height adjustments.
- It has a non-slip bottom.
- Weighs only 544 grams.
Purchased for our kitchen storage cupboard. Now I can access any source in seconds, saving space and time. Definitely will buy one again for the bathroom and one for makeup.
Love that the compartments are removable. It would be great to organize family medication, so everyone could have their own section. Very sturdy. @ S Church
13. Anyone who has kids and a bathtub should own this hanging basket. Additionally, it can be useful if you don’t have children but have too many cosmetic jars in the bathroom.
- It has adjustable width, so it fits almost every bathtub.
- It has holes for water drainage.
- Also it has 3 separate compartments.
Easy to adjust to fit your tub, easy for my toddler to help clean up, easy to move, and easy to clean. The dividers can be moved to customize, and I like that it is slotted throughout for good drainage. I’ve tried several bath toy storage options, and this one is my favorite! @ Hannah Collins
14. If you have a ceramic stove at home, you’re probably familiar with the problem of it quickly getting dirty. This instant cleaner kit is exactly what you need!
- The kit includes a liquid cleaner, a sponge with a handle, and a scraper.
- The product removes grease, stubborn stains, and burnt and baked-on spots.
- Use the sponge to clean other surfaces as well.
I was SHOCKED at how much came off with the scraper. Then my stove looked brand new at the end! I was blown away at how much gunk this thing removed, even though I regularly clean and wipe down my stove.
This will be a staple in my home from now on. Very user-friendly, no harsh chemicals, and worked great @ Jay
Upgrade the storage of ordinary cotton swabs to make it look awesome with this lotus holder.
- It has a lid to protect them from dust.
- Holds up to 35 cotton swabs.
- Available in 3 colors.
Love the pretty lotus look and easy access to my cotton swabs, as well as the clear protective cover that keeps them sanitary, and I always know when I need to refill. @ Gia marie
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.